SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Continuing in our recent trend of bringing you headlines from other online Slot car Forums, as of today, you can now check out News headlines from Italia Slot - an Italian slot car portal on our Front Page: http://www.slotforum.com/.

This agreement, has been possible because both sites are developed with technology that allows the interchange of information using XML files. Although the language used in both sites is different, we believe that it is a good service for our users.

Italia Slot joins Foroslot from Spain on our Front Page and expands our horizons a little more. Grazie y Gracias

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Great Nuro.........I was going to attempt to learn a little Spanish during the Winter.....It now looks like I need Italian as well!!!

Regards

Alan

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Glad it worked out, Nuro ! I'm sure this syndication initiative will do enormous good to the hobby

Some current articles on Italiaslot may be of general interest :

- Gomme NSR seconda generazione : new tires, soft and supersoft versions called supergrip and ultragrip (I must talk to Salvatore about going easy on hype !!) - even if you don't read italian the list of available sizes is clear enough

- Come ti preparo la Panoz : setting up of front-motor non-mag cars (pictures)

- Come ti preparo una GT : setting up a Fly Porsche (pictures again) - here what I found interesting is that, while Slot.it components were widely used, the stock rear bearings were retained - to get a .2 mm "play", remember Otello's query a while ago ? Apparently, this is now common practice

Ciao a tutti
Beppe

·
DT
5,195 Posts
You know it's not that hard to pick out interesting news on these other forums. It's the same hobby and we're all doing roughly the same thing. Interesting to see it from a foreign perspective.

Thanks Beppe for getting me in touch with Paolo.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
I have to congratulate you Doug - this News (and the Foroslot syndication) is great and helps bring our different but mutually compatable views together.

Just wish the web translators did a better job. In the NHS we are always told to use plain english and I think, with the majorities need to rely on these translator systems, that it would be good if we all could strive to use good old plain English/Spansih/Italian in our postings (on SF, Foroslot and Italia slot) to aide the enjoyment and understadning of those who are reliant on web translators.

While I got the main points on both foroslot and italiaslot the subtleties were completley lost on me. I realise I'm guilty, as all of us are, in using technical and jargon language, but I will strive to do better.

Matt

Well that is until English becomes the only language of Europe

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Web translating doesn't work well on forums as the translator software sometiumes has not the right permissions to access the information as you do.

You just have to look at these pages and fish for good info. It does work.

I have extended this offer to a few other forums, but many I fear aren't able to control the software enough to do this. We'll see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts