SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
After getting started in the hobby and tearing my old home track apart before getting it even ready, i decided to build just a simple two lane layout. 4lane thing was bit too big to operate in the space available. So I got on with other half of the benchwork and just some scalextric sport track parts. I still have over 35 meters of scalex sport waiting for right moment...

But here´s the basic setup of the new track

and here´s another to demonstrate the elevations

Next week i´m going to build necessary support for the roadbed. I´ve been lurking around internet and local library to find useful sources for the pics of nürburgring and spa-francorchamps. Of course it would be nice to have all the track somehow elevated, but woodworking in the guestroom (or the room of male freedom as my girlfriend calls it) is bit too messy. I still hope to deliver some twist of 60´s and 70´s with the scenery...can´t wait to see how it works out. I´m really not handy diy-type guy.

Basic scenery shell is going to be plaster cloth over cardboard strips and maybe some carved foam for rocks.

Lately I´ve been reading some model railroad stuff, such as Dave Frarys how to build realistic model railroad scenery. Really nice source for scenery knowledge.

kind regards

Lauri

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had few hours spare time after work, so I decided to give benchwork a try. It ain´t exactly a work of art, but considering time used and tools available, i can live with the result. I guess I could have used bit thicker plywood, 4 mm needs bit much support. I hope after joining parts together, it will provide a sturdy base for my scenery.

If additional support seems necessary, I´m gonna use DIY foam risers. God i hate woodwork, no wonder back in elementary school i nearly didn´t pass those classes...

Next weekend it´s gonna be screw, bolts & nuts. Altough I´m dying to get my hands on scenery, i really have to lay track once more and go trough every track piece with pleby´s cleaning kit. I´m also planning to wire the whole track, wich really isn´t my piece of cake. Electricity = It´s blue and it really hurts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.