SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi

I´ve finally taken first steps in landscaping my track. I started this hobby about a year ago. At my pre-teens i used to race on lexan bodied slotcars. Then I found Slotforum and some similar finnish sites. After few months i had bought 10 cars and 40 meter of scalextric sport track.

I´ve never built anything in my life and dunno have any skills, so it feels like a big adventure. I should have at least some kind of base done next saturday (maybe just grass mat around the track), my friends are coming up for few beers and i promised the guys some racing.

I´ll try to come up with some kind of 60´s and 70´s twist on the track. Most important thing for me is trying different techniques and maybe learn some useful modeling skills. Layout is about 12 meters long, lane lengths are non-equivalent.

Lap counter was built and designed by Lord JW. It´s definitely most reliable and easiest thing i have ever plugged into computer.

I´ll update this as the work progresses.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (FZSsemans® @ 20 Nov 2006, 22:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>4 cars, 4 lanes, friends and beers.............sound like a fun saturday to me!
I like the layout, simple yet effective

Thanks! Simple layout and shapes what I was after.

·
Registered
38 Posts
QUOTE (DagaZ @ 21 Nov 2006, 00:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hyvä! Very nice track. What is the measures? Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming.

Min mamma är en svensklärare, men jag förstår ingenting...altough i frequently visit bilbaneforumet.se. But thanks, table measurements are 2,4 m* 2,4 m, track lenght is something like 12 meters, I suppose. It was planned to be a portable track, but it became permanent one. I actually have two stands where the tables can be rigged for storing.

QUOTE (Black3sr @ 21 Nov 2006, 00:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Let us know how the driving deteriorates as beer consumption increases. An eye opener. Makes you think twice about the 1:1 driving after a few.

Defintely true. Drinking and driving are bit of taboo in Finland - altough people still tend to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.