SlotForum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I also bought some more track pieces online today. In fact a whole Evolution set. Diesel power. I paid 36 euro. That´s as much as you normally pay for a few straights. I´ll receive it next Saturday. The Porsche (that isn´t originally with that set) needs new tyres. Also ordered. Let´s see. I think it´s a bargain.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire
Electronic component Hardware programmer Musical instrument accessory Engineering Electronic engineering

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ingenious
Got a problem though. I was wondering why this table seemed to weigh more than the other two. It´s a much bigger size. 290 x 95 cm. I phoned the local DIY shop and ordered an MDF plate 305 x 122 cm. to put on top. For now I build a temporary track on it. Just so the track parts are not hanging around on the floor and for as long as the cars are not digitized yet, I can run them if I´d like to.

·
ParrotGod
11,090 Posts
I also do not understand what the problem is....moreover, putting on top the mdf sheet, you have made the table heavier.
Is the issue related to the robustness of the brace on the wall?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I meant it as a joke. I thought a standard MDF plate would have been perfect. And cheaper. I just want the table covered with MDF so it gets a bit wider. I secured the table today. It won´t collaps. I´d even dare to stand or jump on it. The beam and the table are mounted to the wall with these screws.

Insect Laptop Office ruler Ruler Measuring instrument

·
Registered
86 Posts
This afternoon I received the used Evolution set. I have used different track sections to extend the track. I have many pieces left to expand further. I just need to figure out what else I need. The cars that came with it work fine. The Spyder Porsche only needs new rear tires. These can be ordered in Germany through my supplier. These are cast there by hand and are made of a PU-silicone rubber without plasticizer. He wrote that the quality of the tires used in the period 2004 to 2016 were of moderate to poor quality. We will see.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
ParrotGod
11,090 Posts
Cool. If you want to expand on Carrera get some more radii to make more interesting corners.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.