SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found that rug racing could be a bit annoying, specially if you de-slot and have to pick up the car.

But I have to keep the room available as a guest room, when mother in law is visiting and so on (or one of you guys :)).

But ... rug racing ... hm.

So, I am thinking of something semi-permanent ...

I have around +/- 20m of track pieces, SSD.

kind of wall paper tables (that ones foldable, three pieces of light wood, screwed together, with foldable metal tube legs), in a clever design, most tracks screwed / glued to it, except the last linking ones ...?

Or wooden plates on self-built legs ...?

But not just one table - THAT would be simple. Joints for several of them would be clever, I think.

Does anybody of you has found nice solutions for that, already?

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
Take a look at the Amman Valley Raceway - the link is at the bottom of this post.

You might get some useful ideas from it.

Richard

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks - spent an hour to read (and admire) the whole thread. Great impressions, specially on how to do (by good tables and put plates onto them, giving wooden links and so on) - I guess I will do something like that (minor version - I only have to attract my family and friends, not all the kids of my area ;-)).

Spent also days (my family says: much too much time X-)) on this forum, but didn't find this, on my own. Great that you put my nose into.

I love this forum and the help of all of you - many thanks again! :)

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Hello Ulli_Berlin

I have been using pasting tables for the past 6 years. They are light, easy to assemble, and good to store, oh and cheap to buy. down side is they dip in the middle. so when using 8 of them i do get different levels even though I use the pasting tables them on top of them I place MDF board, on top of that I use grass matting and then the track itself. it has been quite successful over the years, but for me I am now looking for an alternative way and so far my favourite looking like using table legs from IKEA.

Good luck and if you find a better solution please post.

Athrlyth

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Ulli,
I have not yet mounted my track but my link below shows how I built 6 tables that are suspended from the ceiling of my garage. They rest on collapsible metal saw horses (also shown).

I hope that helps give you ideas.

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts