SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

I used our conservatory table (schhh) and another table frame to support the structure.
I then lashed up a ladder frame out of studding timber to then support the 18mm chipboard.
I have no flex and can actually stand on all the deck apart from the section that isn't supported from the floor.

With this in mind if you used some support and a thicker board you'll have a lot less flex / sag.
Although I do have access to many tools, you could put this together quite easily with a hammer and nails providing you get your 18mm board cut at B&Q or similar.

· Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (snurfen @ 27 Dec 2011, 17:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's a lovely bit of work simes. Have you thought of making a very simple leg(s) to go under that unsupported bit? I've made a very sturdy and simple legs for my main layout from 3x3 timbers for the main load bearers and 3x1s for the intermediate legs (just to stop it bowing).

Thanks, thought about it but the overhang isn't more than 400mm; it hasn't even sagged yet so I'll leave it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.