SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Martyn
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya to All and Merry Christmas. I know that this subject as been covered before, but time moves on and new ideas come along, OK to business. At the moment I use about 6 or seven pasting tables on top of those I use 2 half inch thick MDF 8x4 boards cut into 4 parts, because of the weight in lifting them onto the pasting tables, this has worked ok, over the past three years with a few problems and that is.
1. it takes me about three days to actually set the track up which isn't much of a problem,
2.The pasting tables dip in the middle, which then makes it difficult to keep the table tops level, in fact I cant keep the table tops level, so the track is up and down, which on the up side does make racing a challenge, but which isn't good for the track or the power going around the track.

I am this year looking for a cheap way to improve what I have. so -please any and all ideas are very welcome, there are only two things I require I have no tools in which to speak of, and even less skills. Thats it. welcome to challenge 2012.

Just has an add on, I have been looking at ping Pong tables, would two of these put together be a possibility?

Many Thanks

Athrlyth

· Martyn
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies.

300SLR I have thought about this and I'm not sure it would work, I have a double garage and the tables fit quite snug, which basically means its not that easy to get around the tables to put the de-slots back onto the track. my point being unless I could secure the extra centre leg after a few days or weeks I would end up with the centre leg falling off. because the cost is so little I might still give it a go and see if it works.

ss67 Thats one big space and really nice looking track. At the moment I am looking at this as a long term and think it might be the way to go, can I ask if you have tried buying the ping pong tables and just using them as they are. I am guessing that these tables don't dip in the middle and are more sturdy that pasting tables which wouldn't be difficult, I think I could get away with using two full size tables and a pasting table to finish off the L shape that I like to have.

Both good suggestions.

Athrlyth

· Martyn
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again guys. Some really inventive ideas.

I cant suspend tables from my ceiling its too low which is a bit of a shame but hey also its got a flat roof which means I have no attic to go into. The problem is that because I use so many pasting tables all the MDF come out at different levals which in turn means that the track has got highs and lows, which is a good thing as far as racing is concerned but this year I had bad problems with the Ninco track I am using, in fact half way through the year I couldnt use the track because of a power issue which I still havnt found the real reason for yet. But I thought i have to start at the foundation when that has been addressed then I can go on and hopfully detect any other issues I might have going into the new year. I will order a new power strait soon and hopefully that wil also help.

· Martyn
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There,s some good working going on here. I wonder if anyone one has got any pictures of tables and or legs. At the moment the table tennis tables still seem to be the best option unless I was thinking of a permanent set up which is not practical for me.

Thank you for the replies so far.

Athrlyth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.