SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

We would like to show you the adaptation of a Talbot Sunbeam with a Tecno Slot 1/43 Chassis. There are 7 sequences, each one with 6 pictures.

We hope you enjoy with that,

Best regards,
Francesc

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
havent 1/43 cars come a long way. what an excellent car and chassis and youv,e still got room for an interior, mightely impressed john

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Looks like these models are metal diecasts (I think the Sunbeam is by IXO?) that have been converted to slot cars with the Tecno Slot chassis.
I suppose with the number of models produced in 1:43 the possibilities are endless, the question is how do they handle?

Their website shows the universal chassis (with all running gear) sells for 29 Euros plus another 7ish for postage.
Add to that the cost of your diecast and it's adding up to quite an expensive little slot car.

Are wheels/tyres supplied with kit?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
QUOTE (DJ @ 12 Apr 2012, 09:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I suppose with the number of models produced in 1:43 the possibilities are endless, the question is how do they handle?

I find that from a strictly handling perspective the die cast conversions are not too bad, where they suffer is in the exceleration/speed area. Most 1/43's (especially rally cars) can actually benefit from a little extra heft. Just try not to crash too much, a heavy car is brutal on the scenery!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stoner, thanks for your comments.

Julian, in this case is a metal body, but you have also plastic and resine bodies in the market.

DJ, thanks for your comments, in this case the cost of this nice diecast was 5 €, this is the price of this kind of cars in fairs...

masmojo, thanks for your comment, completely agree with you

Some bigger pictures

Greeting to all,
Francesc

·
David J
3,182 Posts
QUOTE (tecno-slot @ 13 Apr 2012, 06:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>in this case the cost of this nice diecast was 5 €,
Wow, that's a bargain, I'd buy a shelf full at that price.

And the wheels and tyres?

Are there any 1/43 driver figures out there, that lovely little slot car needs a driver.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DJ, for example in Barcelona (Masadas Square) we have a fair every first Sunday of every month where you can find this kind of bargains in diecast, slot, trains, etc....

The wheels and tyres are included in our 1/43 chassis...

On Carrera Go track

Best regards,
Francesc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts