SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I would like to know the speed of my 7 slotcars, however the Tamiya speed checker that was rebuilt by friend Wim can only handle analog power supply. Print a plate, reverse the current, and measure!!

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
Henry
In oXigen we usually run as analog: positive is on the right side.
You are using the opposite configuration because you are running on Carrera Digital that has the polarity swapped.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
When I did my cars I measured the voltage and compensated for any minor variation. Maybe not necessary with digital?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I did my cars I measured the voltage and compensated for any minor variation. Maybe not necessary with digital?
the game of car racing on an analog track, is mainly speed and car control, knowing when to strike in which track, overtaking at the right time. So top speed is one of the keys. Although too fast is no party, each type of track has its own average speed to attac the track as well as possible. digital driving with fuel management and pit stop and lane changer is a completely different experience, where speed is much less important, strategy, track knowledge are of great importance here, it is more as a game of chess,
combined with the characteristics of analog driving.
I like both very much, however to make 32 meters at home with 6 lanes is very big, so I chose 2 lane track where we can ride with 7 riders, digital driving
is still a challenge for most club members after 100 years of analog!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Reactions: Henri
1 - 6 of 6 Posts