SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kitbasher
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - Hobby Link Japan have the re-issue Tamiya slot car shells in the sale until August 19th, I just bagged a Porsche carrera 6 for £13.60 including postage!

It looks like they have them all in stock, Lotus 30, lotus 40, Lola T70, McLaren M1B, Porsche, Ferrari P2 and the King Cobra

Tamiya slot car shells

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
You can also look for the Tamiya 1/24th Radio Control Bodies sold as Tamtech, they make great slot car bodies. I got a new Lancia LC2 from fleabay for £5 + p&p, all I had to do was fill a small round hole in the roof where the aerial came through

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Its good to see that the price is down. Are they new releases or the Limited Edition ones? If so there are no plated parts and I think the ones I have are bodies for the motorised series not the slots and the posts might be in the wrong places. However, its still good value for the windscreens and headlight covers.
Regards Allan

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Nice find, That king Cobra is a must for me. I,ve never seen that shape with the wing before. Thanks Dude john

·
Kitbasher
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE Are they new releases or the Limited Edition ones? If so there are no plated parts and I think the ones I have are bodies for the motorised series not the slots and the posts might be in the wrong places.

Well if you follow the link...

Seriously I think that they are as you described, no plated parts visible so I think they are just more stock of the 'limited edition' re-issue by Tamiya.

Fine with me at that price as they can be used in Vintage events as they are re-pops...

·
Registered
5 Posts
@ "STONER"

the reason you may have missed the "winged version of the King Cobra " is that Tamiya have it wrong - In fact its a De Tomaso design If memory serves me only 2 protoypes were built ...

I has a ford engine - suitablly breathed on by Shelby but look it up ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts