SlotForum banner
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Really, really beautiful track work. Great job of creating scenery that seems to actually transport the admirer to a different, more pleasant place. Not overdone, not crowded. My compliments to you!!

-M

·
Registered
366 Posts
Jens, I've been so brutal to download your picture...

...just to give you some tips about the background painting. I don't tell you that you must do it but I say it to make the background more realistic. It would certainly improve the total looks of your track I think.

You have made the hills/mountains on the foreground darkish green. That's allright.
But for the mountains in the background you could add a little more blue. It's because off the haze (nebel) wich is in the air. And the furher away the mountains are the lighter they are. I added some mountains to show you what I mean.

I also painted some rocks near the black arrow on the mountain you painted. If you pick some same colours as the rocks you've build, you link the rocks with the background. Doesn't have to be much. Just enough to fool the watchers.
Now you can see that the rocks are sticked upon the wall. The same for the rocks on the sidewall (red arrow). They just end in the air. Try to link them with the mountain in the background.

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Hi all! Thanks for the compliments and the great input!

@Michael: Well, you are right, the background needs some more time and work. Thank you for your great tips. I "missed the running train" a littlebit by not doing the background first. Moving to a new house last years summer and painting it inside out (basement even twice after a thunderstorm and waterflood), I have little "allergy" against any bigsized artists work...
Other thing is that I want to run the track as fast as possible. As the whole project is relatively big for my little time I have to live with some compromises here and there... Lets se what happenes with the background in future. Thank you for your ideas. They are always welcome.

Regards Jens

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hahah, Jens.

I know what you mean. I also moved in this house just a couple of months ago. And still painting...finished the inside and now the outside. And then a track on the attic. I'm not such a great painter, both housewise and artistic
, but luckely my wife is great in artistic painting.
From her I got my knowledge. Doing it is a different thing...

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
ZITAT(rainey06au @ 17 Jan 2013, 12:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think a water pipe broke and destroyed Strada Del Vino.

...Yes, thats right. Gone forever. Definitely. But: Replaced by new track: Targa Suburbia. Have fun while watching the thread.
Thanks for your interest. Regards Jens

·
Tore
1,694 Posts
Water pipes.... the enemy of slotcars tracks

I had to take down my track too because of water pipes, they did not brake but had to be replaced for the new kitchen on the floor above, so the track had to come down to get access.

Your tracks are a great source of inspiration when planning my next track, thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I would say water the great enemy of wine, it was dangerous to call the track Targa Strada del Vino.

This was bad for Jens but end up being good news for us (and hopefully also for Jens) since he became a prolific track builder
and we have learn so much.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts