SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
It does look great.....

The Landwasser esq tunnel to bridge should be great.

Racing hard every Sunday night on a digital track I'd support the comments about overtaking - I think you'll have a lot of collisions with most corners on "racing line". As suggested, some sections where changing does not bring immediate benefit would be advisable. The track at ENSCA is plastic and we were able to amend as required to ensure chances to overtake. In wood I suspect it will be more difficult.
You could lose the number 5 changer?

I'll be watching this too. Our current project is a routed digital track (though using SSD). Were just creating the space for storage - I've got permission to rebuild the stage to create a rather large storage area, so our first job is stage building!

Good luck with the build.

Ben

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi BB ENSCA, worriing about the overtaking caused colisions, too one of the reasons I have chosen a scorpius-system is the anti-colision-mode it features. This doesnt allow a car to change lane when other lane is occupied. The question if a car on the best lane can be overtaken at all and if flippers have to be left away completely to allow better overtakingabilities seems to be problematic untill tryed out. I just will see when the raw track is build with braid an wiring...
Be sure: I dont know how it will be. But we definetely will see!
Regads Jens

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ZITAT(BB ENSCA @ 19 Jan 2011, 10:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...The Landwasser esq tunnel to bridge should be great...

By the way, Landwasser tunnel/viaduct (http://www.rhb.ch/landwasser) is in fact THE example for a tunnel to bridge exit; thanks for the tip. I think I cannot reach the height needed for it
. I thought about some light construction of steel or wood, like example below. Knowing about the creativity of this forum I wont miss to ask you for some ideas or pictures of bridges. I'm looking forward to see your ideas.

Regards Jens

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Looking good Kellerkind! Very nice curves and flows, not to mention potentially a great scenic setup :)

The petrol station - the shape you're drawing makes me think of a vintage 80's Carrera service station.
Like this one:

Is that what you're thinking of?

I have one question though: the "S" in the middle top section, going over the tunnel. Does it have to be a sharp S to overcome height?
I suppose you need the S hairpins to do so. Otherwise, if there's not too much accidentation, i think i might consider a smoother flowing, faster S curve there. There are quite some tight curves in your track, so some wider bends / faster sections might be a joy to drive. This one's razor sharp ;-)

All the best,

Merc

·
Frank
612 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
The viaduct actually crosses the Landwasser River. If you get chance to cross it, you should - especially in winter. The trip from St Moritz to Thusis is stunning, and if you're in the car you can load it onto the back of the train! I have some great photos and great memories from previous trips.

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi guys, thank you very much for your comments.

@Merc: Thats cool! I got the same Carrera Filling-station of the 70s, too. I had a Carrera 132 Universal in my childhood, my parents, still keep it in their house. I played it a lot. If you watch the old cars today, each one of them looks like being driven at least 265.000km if they were 1:1 scale! But this wont be my gasstation on the new track. Watch the new one here. The S is needed to "kill" some heigth. Hopefully there is a nice scenery-effect caused by it, too. Think I keep it

@Frank: Nice little bridge you did there; too little for me, I need to reach length of about 90cm ( about 3ft)

Regards Jens

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
QUOTE (Kellerkind @ 14 Jan 2011, 12:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all, thanks for the great feedback. Didnt know that you are happy with just a drawing on a paper.

It doesn't take much to keep us happy!

Keep up the good work. You can usually tell how good a track is likely to be by the structure is underneath.

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Hi boys, thank you for your support!

@Zook: Keep on going! Im sure freaks with steel-barriers on their track can do 50cm fir-trees, too!
@Graham: Think it is stable enough to carry the tons of plaster...

@GastheerG: Be sure: I watched your thing all the time, too. Looking forward to see the wineyard; your start looks great!

Regards Jens

·
Registered
201 Posts
What's the distance between that angled piece at the turn of the table and the back corner? Looks like quite a reach back there...
...I have one like that myself - makes me wish I had longer arms - especially when I am trying to do scenery!

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hi Mark, edge can be reached by crawling under the table. There will be a hole to look through (see drawing). Aditionally I intend to use a tool that usually is used to pick up waste (sorry dont know the right expression). Regards Jens

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hi everybody, little update: Ready to go! MDF arrived, lines are put on, starting the router these days...
Looks really great in 1:1 ! Curves seem to be right, very fast areas and slow ones, too... Nearly cant wait for the first test-drive.

Regards Jens

21 - 40 of 190 Posts