SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I have placed some pictures of my painted Tran Model Foundry figures on the scenery topic.
You can find them here:
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry306779
But they even belong also to this rally topic.

Here is another picture of the really well made Tarn Model Foundry figures.
Enjoy it.

rallyhub

The Tarn Model Foundry spectators watching the roaring Fiat 124 Sport Spider Abarth in the snow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes they are expensive,but ...they are goodlooking!!!! Like the guy with the darkred coat especially.Great job, Rallyhub!

Keep those pictures coming.By the way,some progress with your Sweden-track??

Greetz Pete

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
Hi rallyhub

Looking good

well painted,i love the material there made of has a really nice feel and very detailed+++
thanks for sharing!

cheers

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Tarn Model Foundry boys have a good day.
They have met some beautiful well dressed Preiser girls. watching the rally in the snow.

rallyhub

The Tarn Model Foundry boys in combination with the Preiser girls.

Hi snowdigger,

In the moment there is no action on the Sweden track.
Progress will be in next year, when the winter is over.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi everybody,

The assortment of Tarn Model Foundry gets bigger and bigger.

The newest item is a spectator watching the action in the rain, from under his umbrella.
You can also make very easy different spectators with the same body.
The only thing you need is to glue another head on a body.

To keep the big spectator crowd on your slot track under control,
Tarn Model Foundry delivers now also a police man.
Racing or rallying on your home track is now a lot saver.

I hope you like the pictures.

rallyhub

The new Tarn Model Foundry spectator, holding his umbrella, and the police man who controls the crowd

Watching the cars in the rain.

·
.. Leo A Capaldi ..
2,482 Posts
You can easily tell that the Tarn figures are UK based - they are dressed for RAC Rally weather (either old or new RAC Rally!)

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi col_de_turini,

Tarn Model Foundry is based in the UK, but the figures are also very useful for competition themes from outside the UK.
That is the big advantage these figures have against the nearly always summer dressed ones of the existing figure manufacturers.
From Formula 1 events to DTM or Le Mans, there is always an event every year with a lot of rain.
Not only the RAC Rally has the rainy and snowy conditions. Events like the Sweden and Norway Rally are typical snow rallies.
The Monte Carlo Rally has rainy and or snowy conditions.
Typical events with nearly always rain are the Corsica Rally, Rally of the 1000 Lakes and the Deutschlandrally.

This illustrates the very wide range of events, you can use the Tarn Model Foundry figures.

rallyhub

·
.. Leo A Capaldi ..
2,482 Posts
Cheers Rallyhub,
Yeah, the difference is that the UK is "renowned" for damp weather, whereas Montecarlo is more associated with sunshine (and yachts). Even the Scandinavian countries don't get labelled as damp - snowy and cold but not damp.
I like the Tarn figures a lot and was an early adopter and gave jusy ordered more - hoping that they will arrive today as I could paint them - guess what - its raining (Edinburgh).
Sadly my painting skills are not as good as yours, will try better this time though.

Not too sure about the police presence though - one figure I am waiting for is Gatso-man, his presence might slow my cars down a bit -

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rallyhub the umbrella man is very nice but he is very selfish, he needs to share a little of that brolly with a buddy, or even let the police man underneath it with him, may also save him some unwanted police attention on the way home too

Wee Edit for Col de turini: its not raining in the west side of the city, but it is damp and dreary.

G

·
The umbrella man was cast because I don't think anybody else makes a 1:32 figure with the umbrella up, and also because almost every rally pic of a European rally I've seen in the last few months during my research shows one or more spectators with umbrellas! The umbrella doesn't date the figure either, so can be 1950's to present day, depending on how you paint it.

The Polizia was based on a Polizia in a photo from one of the Monte Carlo rallies in the early 1980's.

And the Gatso Policeman is representative of a early 2000's UK policeman with the bulky handheld speed camera.

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Hi guys

TMF has released some new figures, and a new way of buying. Go on his website www.tarnmodelfoundry.co.uk and click "Current Products". There is a entire list of what you can buy, with a buy button next to it. Better get a few of those Parc Ferme Figures before they go!

Jon

G

·
Hi all,

Just a small note to explain some changes.

I'm just "suspending production" of the Parc Ferme (TMF701) figure, as I haven't sold many, and I don't think there is a market for them (and no, this isn't one of those Heinz Salad Cream scams either). The detail isn't that great, and to be frank, he is more of a Jacques Villeneuve "Baggy" figure than the more whippet like Mark Webber... The figure might come back after a diet and being revised, but I've got a whole more of more worthy subjects to do before then.

A number of my original moulds were starting to get to the end of their lives (you get about 100 castings from a mould if you treat them well, a lot less if you abuse them) and so I've taken the time to revisit the master figures and add minor details, like coat flaps, and better defined hems to trousers. The basic pose will remain the same.

Regards,

Lawrence.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi everybody,

Here are some pictures of the Tarn Model Faundry figures, I painted after the swapmeet in Milton Keynes.
I transformed and combined the parts of several figures to my own taste.
The fat marchal with his mobile phone is now a spectator, as is the marshal with the flag.
I hope you will enjoy the pictures.

rallyhub

5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO...Counting down on his stopwatch at the start of a special stage.

A group of Tarn Model Faundry spectators watching the start of the new Scalextric 50th Anniversary
Subaru Impreza.

The guy with the grey coat is just ringing the local hot dog supplier
for some fast food. The shawl is just painted around his neck.

A transformed marshal is now reading the map as a spectator, to point out the direction of the
next special stage, or counting down with the marshal during the start.

The fisherman is accompanied by some spectators, who are watching the rally.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi everybody,

Here is a picture of some new resin Tarn Model Foundry figures.
I hope you like them.

rallyhub

The new Tarn Model Foundry photgrapher in action on the start of a special stage.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi rallyP,

The Tarn model Foundry figures cost 2.75 Pounds each, and the detailing is great.
Painting them is big fun and they look very good on the track.

Before painting I removed some material on the seams and rub the figures with a cloth, soaked in white spirit.
The next job was grounding them with a thin layer of turpentine based paint.
If the layer is too thick, detailing will disappear.

Hereafter I started the real painting.
You will need some patient, but it is the result that counts.

rallyhub

I transformed the marshal on the left in a spectator with an umbrella, made from a tooth-pick by myself.
Original, the marshal holds a piece of Formula 1 rear spoiler in his left hand.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi everybody,

Here is another picture of the new resin Tarn Model Foundry figures.
They look also fine as spectators alongside the track.

rallyhub

The resin Tarn Model Foundry figures in action alongside the track.
(The figure on the far right is an older one. made from white metal)

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi everybody,

Here are some pictures of my new Tarn Model Foundry figures.
Lawrence of Tarn Model Foundry has created some great new spectator and marshal figures.
They all look very good and are fully painted or unpainted available.
The figures are made from resin and are very enjoyable to paint by your self.

rallyhub

The marshal, who counts down, the father with his son and the other 2 marshals,
with their safety coats, are new figures in the Tarn Model Foundry collection.
The fat man wears now a first add bag on his belt.
They are watching the start of the modified Scalextric RS1600 of RAC 1973 winner Timo Makinen.

The same Tarn Model Foundry figures, but now at the start of Paddy Hopkirks
Rally Monte Carlo 1964 winning Mini, on his white rims.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts