Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting new Lola B98/10 package from Team Slot. Carry-case, spare TS-7 motor, a bottle of oil and a set of decals.

61.50 Euros from Slot Bazar.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Nice! looks like the carry case can hold a couple more cars and more spares. Mind you I'm nearly outgrowing the large toolbox I have!

Mark.

·
Registered
911 Posts
just bought this off gecko. it is nice, but the lola needs some work. its rather noisy, and needs a good tune up. so, seen as im a first time tuner, what shall i do. the gears seem to be the noisy part, and the tyres need either a good true, or to be replaced completely. the motor in it is a TS6, so i was thinking putting the TS7 in it instead? its got all the bits to fit. so, what shall i do?

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
You beat me to it!!

I've got a TS Lola, the whole rear axle, gears, wheels etc were awful so I replaced the whole lot with Slot.It parts, though the Scalextric MG Lola rear axle also fits and the wheels look ok too. The TS7 motor is the longer can one isn't it? You may need to get the dremel out to make it fit.

cheers

Rob

(though if you decide it's too much hassle and you want to sell it........!!)

·
Registered
911 Posts
it comes with the shorter ts6 installed, in a little platsic frame. you take out the motor and the frame and then inset a small plastic block, and the ts7 fits in perfectly. theres a bit of rotation on the motor, but it fits like a dream. ive done this, and the car is now faster, and more powerfull, and it runs quieter too. still some work though, i want some new tyres, or some serious trueing..

·
Registered
911 Posts
ok, just figured out why you get a little vac formed interior in the box, the shell doesnt fit on with the longer ts7 instaled! doh! ahh well, the ts6 will go back in untill i get home and properly have a go at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts