SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Hello all,

I saw this beauty on display at Pendle's:

It surely has the looks I'd say, but knowing Team Slot's reputation when it comes to what's been arranged underneath that lovely shaped body....
Anyone here who's seen, inspected or driven this car? I'd love to know more, or read a review.

Thanks in advance,

Merc

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
best looking road car i,ve seen. i.d like to have a look at the chassis and a review, if anyone,s got a picture of the chassis could they post it please. john

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Merc
This car has been chipped. There are a couple of comments about it's performance.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
whoops .......

·
Registered
872 Posts

I bought a team slot a few years ago and was extremely dissapointed with the mechanicals.
however this version of the Alpine gr 5 came out his week and i couldnt resist it .. ordered one and hopefully receiving today .. will post results and thoughts.

I also have the Avantslot version (not gr 5), be interesting to see what their interpretations look like next to each other.

These 2 pictures courtesy of ALOYSHOP

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
that team slot chassis looks promising. i hope the road versions the same. does anybody know if both team slot versions have the same track width. because i was going to turn the road car into a group 5 racer with the adition of a rear wing and slight extension of the front end or would it be better to buy the rally? version and remove the light cluster. john

·
Registered
872 Posts
they re exactly the same dimensions / setup , only differences are cosmetic ; rear wing and supports , aerial , light cluster , rear wheels.
from the pictures the wheels lokk like they are are push ons all round.

dealers seem to be clearing the red version at the moment on ebay and their websites.
prices noted as low as £24.99 and even less if auctioned (red version)

red version from below (ALOYSHOP)

·
Registered
872 Posts
received the GITANES version .. and it looks superb (bodily)

Negatives
you get wheels that are push on that arent round including one that has a split ,
I will not be complaining to the vendor as ... you only get what you pay for and this was pretty cheap and it is TEAM SLOT and i knew what i was letting myself in for.
a rear chassis mounting (on the chassis) that needs work as it isnt wide enough to let the screw go in properly so when you take the car out of the box the body leans over to one side.
The motor (boxer type) is mounted with an adapter that looks like it doesnt fit properly however it does keep the motor straight and provide a decent mesh.
All this mounted on 2.5mm axles .... so you cannot do a straight swap for standard wheels (3/32) but need to use NINCO ones .. that i dont have.

Positives
Body looks great and has a laquered finish to it.
wheels are nicely finished .. but pretty much useless cos theyre not round.
the mesh is smooth, tyres are soft on the rear and small on the front.
The original motor mount has screw holes for fixing the motor to the mount which a lot of manufacturers seem to forget.

Note
the motor mount can be swapped for a slot it one, so you can have reliable mechanicals.
It looks like it may well accept AW Slot It mount as the chassis has cut outs to accept it.
if you do go to SLOT IT motor mount you do need to replace most of the running gear as none can be reused except the motor and wires.

All in all happy with purchase as it has potential.

will test and see what gives.

·
Registered
872 Posts
having progressed a little with this ....

TEAM SLOT is dismal ... except for the body.. the motor may be ok too .. have to wait till the track is reached tonight.

having removed the rear axle and the replaced it later on ... the tabs holding one of the bushes broke.... get a new motor mount or replace with slot it.
the tab on the top of the motor touches the bottom of the interior ..,. so makes the car wonky... trim the tab and glue the motor in to the mount.
the lip on the tyre isnt deep enough so the tyres dont come all the way to the edge of the outer rim so can come off when racing... scrap wheels and tyres.
all the body screws need to be replaced as they foul the recesses in the chassis... smaller head screws required.

I thought I would change to a slot it mount and all the bits associated ... wheel tyres axles gear etc etc
However that doesnt even work .. although it fits the motor is offset to one side by a few mm ... so no go.

TEAM SLOT make NSR look like great value for money.
its just lucky for them that 70% of all slot car purchases go to shelf queen collectors.

there are only 4 good parts left from my original purchase ... body, motor, chassis, pinion...
all the rest is in limbo.

from the original post .. AVANT SLOT vs TEAM SLOT ..... AVANT SLOT every time ..

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
thats about what i expected from a team slot car. so its the road version for me and the car has the potential to go quick with some chassis mods. sorted! john

·
Registered
872 Posts
no track test ..
had to order a new motor mount from Spain ... nobody seems to stock spares for these cars in the UK ... please correct me if im wrong.
it will take slot it suspension (probably the maqgnetic one)
track test soon

Avant slot one has been on track ... seems ok... problem with that one is getting the axle assembly to sit right at the rear....so it was a bit low.
Any tricks on setting this one up ?

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
This car is being very well accepted in Spain. They are using it in the rally classic competitions. It is true that when they do this they replace the some of the insides of the car but they would do this with most cars anyway. Many are quite happy with the car out of the box, the chassis and the new guide.

Body wise, AVANT SLOT vs TEAM SLOT ... TEAM SLOT every time. In fact this might be more important for many of us since running gear is easily changed but the body is impossible to change, just my opinion.

See for yourselves

TEAM SLOT

AVANT SLOT

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Dear Driver (companion of today's chats and interests in slot)

I was not exactly claiming that the Avant Slot Alpine is inaccurate shape wise but it terms of body look the Team Slot is just some degrees higher. Having said this Avant Slot is very good esthetically wise and I am looking forward with great expectation for their Peugeot 205 (please do it to scale AV).

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I have just received the TeamSlot Alpine A 310, it is absolutely stunning (I have recently bought the MSC Metro and Ford RS200 and the Teamslot car is more visually impressing by a good amount). It runs well out of the box, but I have not tested it as a runner.

I wanted to post a picture jointly with the Avant Slot version to show the difference in terms of which car is more impressive looking, but can't find the AV car. But I remember the AV car and there is no comparison, in my view.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I've got the Avant Slot A310, it looks like the real car, it cost me less than the Team Slot one and I know that it runs better, also the wheels won't fall off like my Team Slot Quattro and Stratos have.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts