SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last I've managed to buy the wonderful rallying icon that is STRATOS - thanks Sean and Team Slot. Minor niggles so far - remains of sprue left on all fitted plastic parts (lightbar, filler caps etc). Careful (very! ) trimming sorts this. Watch the roof antenna - easily bent. Wheels appear to be clear resin painted yellow. They ARE the wheels fitted to the STRATOS, great detail, but the paint scratches easily - careful when inspecting tyres etc.

Windscreen/side windows is a one piece fitment located by pins at the bottom of the A-pillars. This means that the side windows aren't usually flush with the doors, but a dab of glue in the upper rear corner solves this.

I would suggest that these extremely minor problems (well they are to me anyway!) are not specific to my model. However, if you like the STRATOS, then go out and buy this model!! Even if you not a STRATOS fan then go out and buy it too
It is the best version out there IMHO.Do not let my inane ramblings dissuade you

Motor seems to be quite torquey, but I've not driven the car yet. Roll on Tuesday

Mark.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Ive run mine and the pick up isnt great the motor has popped out ,the top has fell off the guide holder ,but it still looks 100 times better than the scx one and I just love the Alitalia livery ,despite all its short comings Ill probably buy another one to put on the shelf and sort this one out to race,afterall Its a STRATOS .

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had the Stratos for e few weeks now and agree that it's a great looker, but build quality isn't perfect and on the track it's a disaster - just about the slowest car I own.

Seems to deslot at anything but very low speeds when cornering.

·
Phil B.
3,774 Posts
I had mine last week and once I`d replaced the bent rear axle, thrown away the magnets, glued the motor and new ninco rear axle in place, trued as best I could the oval wheels and tyres it goes very well, the motor is a cracker and the car is balanced nicely over the jump on our rally track.

I`ll be ordering all the other releases and it might be worth e mailing Oscar at Team Slot and asking if they`ll do a Chequered Flag Stratos as driven by Walfridson, Pond, Pryce (Tom), Dawson etc. I would like to see the first Flag Stratos livery released (the one that burned out in Brechfa forest) it had a more striking colour scheme in my humble opinion.

[email protected] if any other Stratos enthusiasts fancy requesting it.
Cheers - Phil B.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:- ran the STRATOS around pendle's track on tuesday night, after having it bed it's tyres in on their circle of sandtex-surfaced track. Magnets no use because of the copper strips. Straightline speed damn good, almost on a par with some of the slot it machinery there. However, cornering was slower and sideways (as it should be!
) but faster cornering should come in time as the tyres respond to treatment. Noisy transmission, not sure if it's the crownwheel which isn't quite central, but I think the axle is straight; I may change them both, but not the gear ratio as it seems well suited to the car (and my idea of the car!!). It's been on its roof, but it usually completes the roll back onto its wheels

If I make it to Slot Tech tomorrow night, I'll see how the mags work

I suppose I'll have to buy the other liveries as and when they are released!

Mark.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi RRunner, we use a Ninco 6 lane track of 40 mt lenght; I had no heavy trubles with my Stratos; I have to say I drove her in a careful way to avoid damage, but she cornered well. I didn't remove magnets, as I usually do, but I was very happy with the model; I believe I was lucky to find a good one, perhaps others will need some tuning.
Ciao

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have one since last March and I only changed tyres (ninco track is high grip) and TeamSlot tyres are a bit too soft. I put a ninco 20x11 Super racing and in it performs quite well (also taped the motor with fiberglass tape).
I must say that you will not win a rallye with this car but you can, easily, have lots of fun.

(Sorry for my english)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts