SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team Turd comprises of Pete Taylor (Mr T) and Pete Shepherd (nob). The team was formed to compete with the overload of father and son teams competing at the famous Colchester slot club. Although Taylor and Shepherd are not related the bond they have formed over the last few years has been quite remarkable. Shepherd has been quoted as saying "Although Pete (Taylor) isn't my real father I like to think of him as my slot father, he has taught me everything I know". He went on to say "We have decided to form a new partnership to take on the overwhelming forces of Team Gooding, Force Clacton and Team Vic and Bob AKA "The Shooting Stars".

Team Turds first race was last week and things went well as they finished a stunning 7th and 8th (out of 9) in the GT race. This week is F1 and Team TT will be looking to improve but this will be difficult as the team are struggling to compete with the awe-inspiring resources of Gooding, Clacton and the Shooting Stars. Anything above 7th will be considered a triumph.

Report to follow at the weekend.

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The F1 circus rolled into Colchester last night and Team Turd were looking to improve on their impressive 7th and 8th from last weeks GT. Unfortunately the team only managed a lowly 8th and 9th (out of 12) in last nights 3rd round of the F1 season. Shepherd was debuting his new Brabham BT44 and Mr T was using his trusty Shadow. The untested Brabham was quick but because of some teething problems with the guide system it didn't do as well as it should have done. Taylor was also struggling with pace and his only way to do well was to stay on the track and get as many laps in as possible. After the initial heats Shepherd qualified 7th and Taylor in 9th with the talented Lloyd Gooding of "Gooding and Son" the rose between two thorns in 8th.

After 32 cups of tea and several stretches Team Turd were ready for the "C" final. Shepherd got off to a great start and was leading but had Gooding in hot pursuit and never more than a few car lengths behind. Things were looking good for the C final win but oh no, disaster! The problematic guide had come back to haunt Shepherd, coming out of turn 4 he got onto the power too soon and the car span right round which locked the guide and affectivly lost him the race. He was however able to hold onto 2nd in the final with Mr T just behind.

Next week Shepherd will be taking a break from racing as he will be researching a new gear lubricant known as BEER, Taylor will have to fly the turd flag on his own!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts