SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Wondering if anyone knows where to get decals for a 1:32 scale Lancia Stratos?
Any pointers gratefully accepted......
Cheers,
C

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,591 Posts
For a Stratos there are really only two liveries, they are both Alitalia. Sadly the earlier one gets overlooked too often.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,591 Posts
Joking apart, you are right DJ, the Marloboro livery is third on the list. I'm not keen on the Pirelli or Chardonnet versions and definitely not the Aseptogyl...

Leo

·
Eddie Grice
2,295 Posts
Been trying to get a set of 32 scale Stratos "Chardonnet" Tour de Course 1976 decals.
DMC do them in 24th but theres a minimum order of 100 for them to consider producing in 32nd scale.
Eddie.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Eddie, Have you thought of buying the 1/24 and then scanning and printing onto decal paper?
You could then sell the 1/24 on Ebay to minimise your costs. Making your own decals is quite easy and the results can be very good.

Leo, I agree that Alitalia will always be the no'1 (and 2) livery for the Stratos, does look good in Marlboro livery though.

·
Eddie Grice
2,295 Posts
Hi Leo,
It's a Team Slot white kit, not looking to swap.
The attraction of the 76 Tour de Course Chardonnet car was the simple blow over in red followed by decal application

Eddie

·
David J
3,182 Posts
QUOTE (gasowder @ 18 Mar 2012, 00:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>but wonder if it raises any copyright issues??
possibly but can't see how it would ever be a problem, as long as you don't start selling them and you only use them for yourself. Who would know and who would care?

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,591 Posts
QUOTE (gasowder @ 19 Mar 2012, 09:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>... the 76 Tour de Course Chardonnet car ...

Ah, I had forgotten about that one. A nice unusual choice.

Make sure to add photos to the Stratos Appreciation Society - Linky

Kind regards, Leo

·
Greg Gaub
14,669 Posts
I got the set from Pattos, to apply to the TeamSlot Stratos... but the decals are for the Group 5 car, not the rally car. I need Rally decals. I was about to force these on, but not only are they all the wrong shape and size, but most of the markings are different. Does anyone know where a guy can get the RALLY decals?

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
DMC did the Chardonnay car but otherwise I think it's got to be either rescaling an existing set in 1/24 or tracking down logos and filling in the gaps. The latter isn't so hard to do. Out of all the pukka liveries I'd have said the early Alitalia is the easiest to do, with The Chequered Flag close behind - although finding the right font can be a pain.

Teamslot also sells pre-decorated shells direct. I bought one for a white kit last year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts