SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everybody,

in this test we have tried the axle of a new Spanish producer EMC2SLOT.

In the wrapping there are 2 aces with diameter from 2,38 mms and a length of 55 mms.

We have thought about using this axle on the new Slot.it GT40, in substitution of the original one, and here it begins our examination...

the original axle Slot.it is from 50 mms. we have shortened the axle EMC2slot of 5 mms. , after this operation the weight of the Spanish axle is of 1,6 grs. identical to the Italian axle.

Our test has been performed comparing more times the RPMs reached with the two you attack, and the necessary volts to put in movement the transmission. The test has been performed without any lubrication, in this way we will know what the axle will be with the smoothest surface. For this test we have used a professional adjustable transformer and a system of survey very reliable RPM.

This is our test...

necessary volts to begin the movement with original axle: 0,6 Vs

necessary volts to begin the movement with axle EMC2slot: 0,4 Vs

RPM original axle: [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

RPM axle EMC2slot: [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Excellent the result gotten by the axle EMC2slot that has been compared with a product of good quality as Slot.it.

Our axle EMC2slot will be installed on our Slot.it Ford GT40.

We wish to be is you useful, a regard and good fun!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Could this speed variation be because the slot.it axles are quoted at 2.38mm diameter whereas the EMC2 ones are 2.37? This would give slightly more bushing clearance and hence less friction resulting in higher rpm.

Have you tried the same comparison with NSR axle also 2.37.

I can't view the pictures so you may well have measured the axles with callipers.

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
Good question Mike we run the NSR axle in Slot.its and does make a difference.

Ray

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
QUOTE (Ratracer @ 16 Jun 2011, 09:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good question Mike we run the NSR axle in Slot.its and does make a difference.
Ray

Ray,

You don't have to give away all the secrets

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
Opps sorry Mike.

Currently looking for a hollow carbon fibre NSR sized axle and a bottle of Nanotek oil (ps please don't tell Rick1776)

Ray

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
QUOTE (Ratracer @ 17 Jun 2011, 06:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Opps sorry Mike.

and a bottle of Nanotek oil (ps please don't tell Rick1776)

Ray

Nulon has Teflon.

Or

Will keep him busy for a while?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I always enjoy torquemadaslot's tests!

Abarth Mike and Ratracer, thanks for sharing your secrets! (yeah well i do not race but enjoy tuning the cars!)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
QUOTE (Ratracer @ 16 Jun 2011, 23:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Opps sorry Mike.

Currently looking for a hollow carbon fibre NSR sized axle and a bottle of Nanotek oil (ps please don't tell Rick1776)

Ray

Dont get me started Ray

What would have been good would have been to use the nanotek oil in the test to see if the results would have been different instead of running the bearings dry. Who runs bearings dry?? Ray the chaps above make a very valid point. Running undersized axles or oversized bearings will make a diffrence. The 1/24 winged guys now use 2mm axles instead of 3/32". Thats a 19% reduction in surface area.

cheers
rick

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
QUOTE (rick1776 @ 19 Jun 2011, 12:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dont get me started Ray

What would have been good would have been to use the nanotek oil in the test to see if the results would have been different instead of running the bearings dry. Who runs bearings dry?? Ray the chaps above make a very valid point. Running undersized axles or oversized bearings will make a diffrence. The 1/24 winged guys now use 2mm axles instead of 3/32". Thats a 19% reduction in surface area.

cheers
rick

Just winding you up Rick

Yes the NSR axles do work a treat another tip is to use very fine NSR axle spacers (3/32 .005 mm Part no 4810) between the hub and the bearing on sidewinders and anglewinders to reduce friction by reducing the surface areas that are touching lubricated of course.

Still looking for a bottle of Nanotek and talking to some people in Europe will have a look at the Castrol R thanks Mike.

regards

Ray

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
QUOTE (Ratracer @ 19 Jun 2011, 18:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just winding you up Rick

Yes the NSR axles do work a treat another tip is to use very fine NSR axle spacers (3/32 .005 mm Part no 4810) between the hub and the bearing on sidewinders and anglewinders to reduce friction by reducing the surface areas that are touching lubricated of course.

Still looking for a bottle of Nanotek and talking to some people in Europe will have a look at the Castrol R thanks Mike.

regards

Ray

Ray,

If you would really like some castor oil I have some small 50cc, I think , bottles. It is however quite viscous but hey. PM and address will get you arrested for receipt of an illegal shipment of a vegetable product grown on a foreign farm.

There is a leaky bottle with only about 30 cc in that would be cheaper for me to ship.

PS I didn't but it for slot cars I bought it to add to the fuel in my NSR250 so it smells nice

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
QUOTE (Abarth Mike @ 21 Jun 2011, 05:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ray,

If you would really like some castor oil I have some small 50cc, I think , bottles. It is however quite viscous but hey. PM and address will get you arrested for receipt of an illegal shipment of a vegetable product grown on a foreign farm.

There is a leaky bottle with only about 30 cc in that would be cheaper for me to ship.

PS I didn't but it for slot cars I bought it to add to the fuel in my NSR250 so it smells nice

Not if it comes from Fukashema Mike.

Ray

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
..and I thought you were joking.

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
No not me Mike have been talking to Torquemasaslot for a little while about getting some Nanotek.

Apparently there are several product one for runing gears and motor shafts, one to tune up motors and one to lub the body parts to reduce friction. I'm a bit of a techno junky.

Check out this linky

I am sure that Rick1776 will have a comment on this I understand that this is close to his proffesional area of work.

Ray

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
QUOTE (Ratracer @ 23 Jun 2011, 10:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>and one to lub the body parts to reduce friction.
Ray

Don't give all the secrets away. Next you'll be saying which body screw to slacken on a Nascar.

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
Hi Mike PM received and one sent.

Regards

Ray

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey Ray don't worry about Nanotek thats yesterdays product. Look up Bitron penetrating lubricant. I would put the link in here to show you the test they did on this stuff but i can't be bothered. For me i always think the straight axles work best. You can get an axle checker from AB slotsports if you like. Its a great gizmo will tell you just how straight the axle is. They also have a gear and armature balancer and magnet zappers but if i gave you the links your wife would hunt me down and kill me.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
QUOTE (roveros @ 27 Jun 2011, 21:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Look up Bitron penetrating lubricant.

Has anyone tried it on rails.

We could start a whole new thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts