SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally gotten started on constructing my new layout. It is going to be built using Ninco N-Digital. The track will be 14' x 6'. It will be a semi-permanent layout. I have already started playing around with track designs. I have considered a theme for my new track since I love all kinds of cars. Here in TX there are a few race tracks that are kind of like automotive country clubs. They host track days as well as the ability to own residences on the track, at a couple of them. This concept provides an unlimited possiblity for vintage cars, modern sports cars, as well as the run what you bring crowd. So I have tried to design a track that would meet those needs. Let me know if you think this track would be a nice track to drive as well as landscape. Here is the layout I am currently testing.

Since those pics were taken, I remove the bus stop section and made the back stretch one long straight. Here is a pic of the remaining track I have to play with.

Since my track is more of a country club type track I did not want the traditional type pit garages. I had an idea in my head of using a converted warehouse type building. Since I don't have the traditional modelling skills, yet, I constructed the warehouse/garage on the pc. I spent a little time and made the warehouse that has been converted into a garage with suites, and a deck. I still have some touchup to do and make a railing for the 2nd floor deck. I will also try my hand at making a bar-b-que grill for the deck. The first level is brick and the second level is stone. The whole thing is 12" tall, 9" deep and 17" long. Later I am going to open up one of the garage doors and create an interior with lights. Let me know what you think of it so far.

I have yet to build my table to hold the layout. That will be started in the coming weeks. I am open to any suggestions or changes you may see that would flow or work better.

Here are a couple links to real life tracks that I used for the concept for my track, Motorsport Ranch, Virginia International Raceway, and Motorsport Country Club.

·
David Collins
2,495 Posts
Tremelle, it's looking good. The track is a nice mix - I like the big sweeping bend onto the straight. Personally, I would have kept the bus stop, but you're the guy driving it! The pit building is really great.

David

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The R4 sweeper is at the end of the front straight heading into the infield. The track runs clockwise.

I have not settle on a final layout yet. The bus stop was causing a few deslots on the back and I had concerns about reaching the deslots when running by myself. I have a few other track designs I am playing with. I will post them later this evening.

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Hi

That looks really good! In my humble opinion,it looks more like a city track though, with the fly-over, and some of the corners. The track looks very challenging, and fast, and I cannot wait for it to develop!

Jon

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is the latest track design I am considering. I may construct the layout in the next day or two to see how it drives. The final table top size will be 14' x 6'. Any critiques or suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looking good, nice to see another Texan here on the Forums. I think the 14 x 6 is an easy track size to manage, especially when your running digital as you really don't need 4 lanes. Looks like you have some nice straights as well as some challenging curves.

Todd

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
nice a tasty track! but, I would not heva alle th efences so close to the side in every corner. there's almost no room for slides and that is what makes the track more attractive in my opinion. al those borders wuold make some one eager to use the outside lane and speed (safe).
The building is great! keep those pictures comming

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just have the guard rails and safety walls up since it setup on the floor of the garage. Once it is on the table I will have the track at ground level with shoulders of the same level. I have all my foamboards for my table top. Now I just have to get aroun to building the table.

I already have a better idea for my pit building. I am having just as much fun trying to increase my model building skills as well. I spent a couple of hourse last night looking architectural modelling sites learning building techinques. As my luck would be, I ran across a 30% sale on modelling tools and accessories. Now I have the proper tools.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (masmojo @ 16 Mar 2009, 16:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tremelle, Track looks great! I will take the liberty of inviting myself over as soon as it's done!!

Mas, you are at the top of the list.

I am going to change the layout to the layout in the latest track plan and see how it runs. The current layout did not allow much room for a pitlane area. The warehouse/garage I designed has it's back doors right on the straight behind the pit area. Since I have taken an interest in the modellling part I am trying to design a track with more scenery space.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (knoath @ 16 Mar 2009, 16:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you have a link?

I don't have any particular links. I just peformed a search on Google for architectural modelling, foamboard modelling, and model buildings. I came up with a wealth of information.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.