SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an old B&W photo of 2 of The Beatles (John and Paul I believe) watching a slot car go by. There is a small copy of it on the FantasyWorldHobbies website, But the files size is not large enough for a good print.
I am looking for an online copy of that picture, large enough to run off a decent looking print.
If any knows more about the original or where I could find jpeg, I would be greetful.
thanks

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
I'm currently reading a biography of Paul McCartney:

"Two rooms in the attic were devoted entirely to John's model racing car track. A Scalextric electric model racing car set accompanied the Beatles on their 1964 British tour and was always set up backstage. John was so taken with the little model cars that he is reported to have bought twenty sets. This would be typical of john whose first reaction to wealth was not to purchase a Rolls Royce but to buy a huge quantity of Jaffa cakes which he ate until he was sick."

Cheers

John

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
It is also well documented that George was a great car and motor racing fan. He somehow managed to get to the Monaco GP in 1964 at the height of Beatlemania without being spotted.

David

·
Eddie Grice
2,295 Posts
Has anyone else read the story about The Beatles stay at The Speedway Motel Indianapolis in the current "Motor Sport"
Excellent Stuff.
Eddie

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just thought id chirp in, The Small Faces had a room with several scalex layouts in when they shared a house in Pimlico. Apparently things would get a bit wild after several pit stops.

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts