SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs Howmet has just emerged from the cupboard where I keep my old Motor Sports. She was in there for ten days, subsisting on tea taken through a straw threaded through the keyhole. She looks well and ready for a few more engagements in her role as 'Posh Spice Lookalike' at stag parties.
But she has read through my entire collection, and decided on what IS absolutely the beautifullest car ever.
It is your job, as is mine, to agree with her.
But what IS that car?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Tricky one really since what does 'beautiful' mean in respect to a car? For example I don't think either the GT-40 or 917 could be described as 'beautiful' (opinion! opinion!) but they do look so aggressively purposeful that are are immensely attractive and what the younger generation (well I am 30 this month!) would describe as "KeWL"

For a car that looks wonderfully balanced in line and proportion - Ferrari 512 Coda Lunga. In the McQueen movie I think they steal the scene from the 917s. That's one example, I could probably think of more. Whats that Jag prototype they only built one of in the late 60s, finished in black, leant it's bonnet vents to XK8? That was beautiful as well but I can't remember the name.

Coop

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Coop, this isn't going to be easy. Beauty is entirely subjective, and in this case, Mrs H has already made up her mind. I have to say I'm beginning to agree with her. But if you could see the face and body of the man she married, you would have to worry about her aesthetic judgement. I'm not saying I look like a car, but at least it's not the back end of a bus.

Of all the cars in all of the world... which is it to be????

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
It wont be a bloody xylon ,will it?

I can see it now emerging from Dr Howmets laboritory The Bride of Xylon ,the Ygor mk 4

Seriously Citroen 2 cv

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Knowing Mrs. h's love of Irish pasties I suspect one of Eddie Jordan's cars might be near the top of the list. But then again I think those ultra-lightweight posh lookalike scales might just tip in favour of the Lotus 25

...and of course she does like here monocoques too!

G

·
I love, the E Type 3.8, D type, Ferrari 250 GTB, Aston DB4Z, any of those?

I would love a 250GTB as my road car.

RR

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Muira-simple as that!

Mr.M

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Monococque? Mrs H tells me something very different about Russell...
What would the plural be I wonder?
Anyway- Good guesses all round chaps, but as I say, the decision has already been made this time around. Your job is to zero in on it. How well do any of you know the way Mrs H.'s mind works? Rail Racer is suspiciously close to the mark already. Where were you last weekend, RR? And are you the author of those letters on pink paper she won't show me?

PS I sympathise with the Miura, Mr M., but as I say, it's not my decision.

PPS I should have said before the car in question was featured in Motor Sport. As in the Ugly competition, it's a racer. Competition laps completed.

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Sorry Chaps I'm afraid you have to forget all these exotic Italian machines, they just don't cut it when compared to a Fifties/Sixties English Sports car.

As Mrs H is abviously a woman of taste, (as far as cars are concerned anyway!), I would nominate either a Jaguar XK 120/150 or Austin healey 3000, (i'm a bit biased here!).

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
714 Posts
This Topic
contains my personal all-time favourite - the Jag XJ13.
Can't be sure that Mrs How-did-you meet(?) will have had the pleaure in the cupboard though.
Who is going to chase up Gary from MRE on his threat to produce a body or two?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Meco- The Jag is on Proto-slot's forthcoming list! I ordered mine already. Gary MRE seems a bit too snowed under just yet.

But BJ and the Goldfish seem to know Mrs H a little better than I thought.

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE Sorry Chaps I'm afraid you have to forget all these exotic Italian machines, they just don't cut it when compared to a Fifties/Sixties English Sports car.

As Mrs H is abviously a woman of taste, (as far as cars are concerned anyway!), I would nominate either a Jaguar XK 120/150 or Austin healey 3000, (i'm a bit biased here!).

Of course I have no idea of Mrs H tastes, but the most beautiful cars ever are GTO and P4, GRUNT!

(I'm a lot biased, too!)

Well, I admit you made a few nice cars in UK, the Morgan is not bad.

Ciao
Otello

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
So, putting it all together... British, circuit-driven... and adding the reaction on my post in the ugly thread on a DKW... maybe it's a Jaguar MK II?

I know it's a long shot, but my GF thinks it is one of the most well-balanced cars around, and I would have to agree on that

Other possibilities are C- or D-type Jags...

Close or nowhere near? dunno...

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
JohnP wrote:

"Knowing Mrs. h's love of Irish pasties I suspect one of Eddie Jordan's cars might be near the top of the list."

I'd go along with that. There's definitely something about the Jordan's chassis that razzles me!

However, knowing Mrs H slightly better than JohnP does (it's just cupboard love, really!), I suspect that it's this:-

Howmet, do we win anything?

Kind regards

Russell

1 - 20 of 65 Posts