SlotForum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BIG Race 30th May (Bank Holiday Monday)
Can you attend
Yes (please put a comment with your name480.00%
No120.00%

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
The ASSC are concidering hiring the church hall next Monday (bank holiday) and setting up a track with a 1/4 mile scale straight with the usual technical parts to go with it.

The cost will be £5 and will consist of at least 1 set of races so every driver gets to do 6 races approx 10 minutes each, we should be able to squeeze in two complete sets of racing followed by some time to drive your own cars.

I know its short notice but I was reminded it was a bank holiday and could we do a race.

If we get enough people interested I will hire the hall from 10am onwards for setting up.

Regards

Colin

p.s. this is open to all racers over 18, regular club racers or not so please come along and give it a try.

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
Can't WAIT to put a few cars down that 1/4 mile straight!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a few non-forum racers attending so this is taking off now :)

Lets just remember, there is no point putting in a cross over mid way on the 1/4 mile straight unless you want to see how fast you can roll a car :) (although if I set up the slow motion video that could look cool)

G

·
Hmm dont think Im going to be able to make it mate. Dawns working Saturday, then I'm out all day Sunday on a studio lighting training day so Monday would be the only day with the family so I dont think it'd go down well.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clearly the "are you attending" bit at the top isn't working as I've had more than 2 people say yes lol

Just to let you know that we will be running SSD Console v5.1 as Andy has just released this.

We will still have the v4 in case there are any issues running v5 but it will be great to see the new software in action.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably not worth planning it out, I found out the church had a built in projector and very large screen that I would like to use for the SSDC so it will depend on where we stand / site to where the PB is and where we run power taps from.

As I've said, we hope to start around 10am so anyone turning up early can help design the track.

I will bring along the tire truer as well (25p per pair of tires) and I will be chipping some of my analogue cars.

We will probably have a bit of time to test some analogue cars as well (Zarko, bring yours along and show us how quick they are)

Regards

Colin

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well on a bum note, totlly dissapointed by the turn out, but thank you for those that came, especially Al who drive 1 1/2 to get there and heled for 2 hours to set up the track and also to Chip who's other half was ill so brought along the youngest member of the club (his very vute 6 month old daughter)

The track turned out better than we had hoped with SSDC being projected onto the inbuilt 100" screen and 8 speakers :)

here are some of the pictures.

oh and the straight was about 14m long and really separated the boys from the men (well cars anyway)

I do not know when we will be able to hold another race at this location so its areal shame we didn't get a good turn out, where oh where are all the digital racers in Berkshire / Bucks

For those interested we will be holding a set of races over a 6 hour time slot in the next month.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Here are a few of my pictures from what was an excellent afternoon of digital racing on a simply epic track. Cheers guys I had an ace time!

Apologies for the camera phone quality...

The 4 lane section leading to the start finish line

The technical complex

Chip and his daughter at the end of the main straight

Chip and Gordon training the youngest racer of the day

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now lets just remember, if no one breaks at the end of the straight - you BOTH loose out lol

Thank you so much for joining us, we look forward to seeing you in the next month for the 6 hour race(s)

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Quite! It was probably a good job I put that cushion there to help those who tried to brake just that little bit too late or not at all...

Cheers Colin, it was great to see you guys again. I'm already looking forward to coming down again for the next 6 hour event.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Sorry guys but could not get out of my other commitments. I look forward to some racing on Thursday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts