Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 'Old' Bimotor is finally running around the track making itself familiar with all the hazards and wall adverts! : )) The pictures include Peter's wonderful wheels (tires are Ortmans and the large 50's F1 rears that are used for the Early Birds events and Uncle Mac had made--thanks Mac!!) and all the finsihing since the the final coat of paint. The Le Mans Minature driver (who was praying to the Gods-Mike) has been decapatated and them restored-his amputated hands, still holding the wheel, have been bionically reattached. The dash has been decaled and installed. The wind screen frame put in place (thanks again Mac) and the decals made and applied. Final touch up paint detail added and after a gear change, off to the races he went!!!!! Not a bad drive all in all. I am pleased with the build and now to the next Bacon. I am leaning toward the Ferrari 246. It would be too simple to get a PP finely molded body with pipes when one can spend all that time and frustration with a fiberglass!!!! : ))
Here are the final pics:

These are also in their own gallery if you just cannot get enough of them--ha, ha, ha

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice work
. it's always interesting, to see a pre war racer appear on the forum

Perhaps a word of criticism, next time you publish photos, try to put them a little bit bigger my eyes hurt
Thank God you mentioned that they also where visible in your gallery

Cheers,
Danny

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Thats brilliant work!! The Bimotore is my favourite car in the Donnington Grand Prix Collection!!

Brilliant model!!

Matthew

·
Registered
402 Posts
HI

I had the privilege to see this one in the flesh .. it is really beautiful and the pictures do no do it justice.

Way to go Howard!!

all my very best,

chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts