SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have admired many tracks presented in this forum for some time now, so I thought it was time to share some pictures of my track.

It is a combined analogue and digital track. You may see the layout in one of the images. It is built on an E-shaped table, allowing access from corridors.

Track length, visibility and access have priority, squeezing the track along three walls, leaving no room for scenery.

Follow the link:

Track layout and images

(if you follow the "back" arrow at the link, it will take you for one lap)

Regards
Niels

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
I've always imagined, well, not always, but for a long time, what a four-lane digital track might be like. Imagine 12 cars in a race! I know that each car would be limited to only two of the lanes but what a grid! Your track has some very innovative ideas and I like that in a man.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Twelve cars! - that would mean twelve drivers, - the room would'nt fit.

Yes, the "inner" track is digital, the outer is analogue. When I started converting one, I converted the lane change sections, so I could run both analogue and digital, but in the end I gave it up for one fixed digital.

I do however consider taking the up the possibility again for the outer track. Also I would consider converting a few straigt lane changes to be placed in between the tracks as cross-overs between the inner and outer. In this way, however, I would still go for only six cars (and drivers).

The track layout should be at this link:
http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/h...05b_digital.jpg

Regards
Niels

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really enjoy seeing the tracks, you guys put all that effort into, to get the scenery right, but I am afraid I do not have the time, the patience or the skills to try myself.

So no, I have no plans regarding scenery. Also, the track is not that permanent. It is built on plates supported by trestles, fixed with clamps and covered by carpets in two layers. I have added some images from the construction, including a plan of the "table".

The power backbone cable in between the carpets has outlets every meter or so. There are 5 cables, one for each lane and one for the lane change pieces. Power leads have been soldered to track pieces and joined with screws to outlet junctions.

Construction
http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/hart581/Track02/

Track
http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/hart581/Track01/

The track is in Copenhagen

Regards
Niels

·
Kev
2,723 Posts
Hey Niels,

The track looks great.

The 4 lane combi track is an easy compromise, regards Analogue V's Digital.
I particularly like all the elevation changes, and how the back straight seems to step up.
The Goodwood chicanes bringing both analogue and digital briefly together, is a great idea, and looks pretty cool.

What is the total track length?
What is a good lap time?

Have fun, and watch out for Rene!!! Looks like he wants to move in!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Zipp

The track is approximately 24.5 m long. A good driver with a fast car clocks an average lap at 10 seconds.

Some elevation results from plates lying on top of each other, which gives a nice variation. The long straight at the back was originally elevated to make room for the pit exit, but I decided to raise it in full length including corners at the end to get a better view. It helps. Also, observe that the fences are simple (see-through) facing the drivers' standpoint. The younger (shorter) boys will have a stool to stand on while driving.

I was surprised how long a pit lane should be in order to be able to have two lanes and two parking places and still be able to control the lane changes, so the cars could pass each other. It sums to a distance of no less than 8½ full straight pieces from the first pit entry to the last pit exit digital track piece. I just recognise that the track plan posted is one version old. I include the latest here. You can see two extra half straights added in the pit in order to get the time to react while driving in the pit. As a consequence both pit lanes goes round the corner before the exit.

Latest layout (as on images)
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/h...06a_digital.jpg

Regards
Niels

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi

The track was taken apart last summer for a major cleaning and reworking due to short-circuit. Now it has been rebuilt, and I thought it was time to share some photos. It is a combined analogue and digital track.

The powerbase for the digital part is a PB-Pro and Simple-H. The timing is done by SSDC. The finishing line can be changed between the one close to the drivers and another at end of the elevated long straight section. I had to move it to ensure reading of laps.

The track is supported better by plates and the power distribution has been improved. The layout is almost unchanged.

Center part overview

Ascent with hairpin and chicane, left side

Descent with hairpin, right side

Center part overview

A full grid

Regards
Niels

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi

I have no plans for scenery. As you can see, the room left for scenery is limited, except for the central part, but I don't think I have the time or skills to create the high quality kind of scenery, you generally find in this forum. The tracks around are just amazing.

What I will be looking at, is finding some suitable material, which can be cut in sheets and rolled out to cover the cables and tugged under the track, - and which will give an impression of grass or rock.

I used to have carpets, but I removed them in order to prevent dust and facilitate cleaning, and I still prefer the track to be semi-permanent.

Below find some photos of (mostly) Le Mans cars from different eras put on display at the track.

The fifties

The sixties

Regards
Niels

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.