SlotForum banner

The End of American Muscle Cars

1705 Views 51 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  beardy56
I pulled up behind one of these yesterday. ‘Nuff said.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
See less See more
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
The only positive thing you can say is it's a bit of a retro colour, grabber blue possibly .???
It will do 0 to 60 in 3.8 seconds which is way faster than the "proper" one ever could. In this respect, it fully deserves the name doesn't it?

Joel
I am sceptical that performance numbers alone make a muscle car.
Reactions: 5
  • VERDICT from Car and Driver.
  • The Mustang Mach-E excels at being an electric SUV, but it isn't as exciting as America's first pony car.
They are all over the place here..look like crap..but apparently not bad..easy to make mock ..but it’s the way forward like it or not
I am sceptical that performance numbers alone make a muscle car.
I agree- but zillions of buyers don’t- it’s influencer videos, and stats that sell cars these days..so everything is bigger, angrier, more power..stupider
No excitement about this stuff like there was back in 64-70. I confess to being 72 years old and could care less about a car that doesn't run rough and put out emissions. I also realize it is the wave of the future, probably just not mine and my car buddies.

Ever heard a factory Chevelle LS6 idling? A GTX 440 sixpack? That was common stuff for us older gearheads back then. These cars hit you on every level.
Reactions: 4
Does it have to be so tall? Does it have to be so wide?

The original Mustang was neither of those.
"It will do 0 to 60 in 3.8 seconds which is way faster than the "proper" one ever could. In this respect, it fully deserves the [Mustang] name doesn't it?"--Joel

No.
Cheek Smile Gesture Finger Happy

And as we all know, "no" means no.

"Maverick Mock E", maybe.
See less See more
Reactions: 2
A true Mustang does not have four doors.
Neither do real race cars.
Four doors are for families and secretaries.
2023 EStang Interior:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Automotive exterior

Featuring the beloved "Autostart", and great lateral support.
See less See more
Ford is cashing in on an iconic name for sales hype. The Mach-E is not a Mustang. They should really electrify an actual Mustang.

Dodge is vowing to electrify their Challenger platform and set the bar for Electric American Muscle.

I love the sound of a large bore V8 with the secondaries wide open, it is truly magical. After being a Tesla Model S owner for a few years, I know that the future is electric. I still can't get enough of mashing my foot down and launching like a slot car.
Annnnnnnnnn, the Mach E is approximately $50K (usd).

For that you can buy a used Mustang GT and a Crown Victoria to fetch the kids. For less than half of that...

I wonder if they will break even on all that through energy savings before the horrible-to-recycle batteries fail?
If you take the, most acknowledge, definition of a muscle car as a standard production sedan that is then fitted with a tuned big block engine not electric car can meet that description and in most versions the Mustang never really meet that definition either. Pony car yes but Muscle ??
Not electric, burns fossil fuel, didn't come off a line in Detroit, but guaranteed to make your blood boil.

A true Mustang does not have four doors.
Neither do real race cars.
Four doors are for families and secretaries.
You sure?
Vehicle Land vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood
See less See more
Quite sure.

Somebody bolt a sway bar or two on for that guy...

MattB, if that is you driving in post #17 you are pretty good with that funny stick thing in between the seats.
Putting the badge on this back in the day gave me the same sick feeling.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car
See less See more
  • Haha
  • Helpful
Reactions: 5
1 - 20 of 52 Posts