Lot's of videos to come soon for all the fans of Left Turn Digital Racing

Michael

·
Registered
2,036 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,924 Posts
Is it my eyes or are you running more than 6 SCX NASCARs on SSD?

If so - are the extras simply drones with no ID and a bridge rectifier to convert AC to DC? How do you regulate their speed?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Mr M 9 cars running

5 SCX NASCARS

4 scalextric NASCARS All on ID 6

SSDC keeps trying to get lap time adjusted would be nice if could be set at one speed and left

Like 4 used to do or PC Lapcounter does it great

And as we are an oval all you need to do is get them to the right seed at the corners and they are just a tad slower down the straight that the driven ones so makes for a great race

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Would it be possible to run the pace cars with a slot it controller with a plug in digital cartridge on one id.
Adjust the fuel tank and burn rates so they dont run out of fuel.
Set the controller to pace mode and adjust the speed control from the controler.
This could rectify the problem couldn't it?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They would still use fuel so would speed up

Easiest way would be to add a bridge rectifier then a resistor to drop to required speed then you could have as many as you want

Just would need to check Lap counting issues

·
Circuit Owner
5,924 Posts
As I understand it the latest version of SSDC only uses the LED sensor to count laps and not the guide sensor.

If this is the case then a bridge rectifier and a variable resistor would be ideal (you could even get one of those VR's that can be adjusted with a flat headed screwdriver and make it accessible through a small hole in the chassis). You wouldn't even need a chip for it.

I would do it on my raceway but the hairpins are an issue but I guess I could run magless and put loads of weight in the nose. Got me thinking now!

Does anybody have any idea what range of variable resistor would be needed for 13.8v to knock it back to say 8v-10v range?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 28 Sep 2012, 20:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would do it on my raceway but the hairpins are an issue

The simple beauty of an oval for racing

Or if SSDC had an option not to count laps of pace cars

And turn off the correcting pace feature as once I set the pace on the oval they will just run and run

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.