SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Am new here although have found this website a mountain of useful information.

Here is a video I put together from Sydney Australia, a Tuesday night race meet, decided to take my gopros along and film it out of curiosity, it was interesting to see the footage and find out how much in the blink of an eye you can miss when racing. I thought you guys may enjoy it.

Hardest part was filming and racing at the same time, doesn't help for keeping in the zone.

We were racing non magnet Slot Its and Plafit classes this night.

Is their any way to preview and play the video in the thread? I can only get a link working.

The Fast Lane Video

Regards
Luke

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
Hey Luke, THAT is a really cool vid...and some cool cars (I'm bias cause there is GTR-500 and DBR9
) with some really nice power sliding.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Hi Luke,
Welcome to the forum! Great to see such a high quality video & a perfect ad for the club.
Also, I love the hi-energy rock backing tracks - they really add something to videos. All you need now are the on-bonnet spycam shots in it.
Good to see such a wide range of ages participating as well.

QUOTE (Luke S @ 4 Nov 2011, 21:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is their any way to preview and play the video in the thread? I can only get a link working.

I think the only way to embed the video on this forum is to stick it on Youtube and then paste just the video ID (after "v=)" in between these tags CODE[youtube-hd] VIDEO ID [/youtube-hd]
Let me know if you need any help.

Btw, is that PCLapCounter RMS you're using?
Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome very kind, glad you guys enjoyed the vid.

Thanks for the tip chris99, the reason I use vimeo is that it slides underneath the big music companies "you can't use that music" policy, the music could get subbed to Rod Stewart hair, tight pants and all....... I will upload it anyway to youtube and see what happens. I do not know what race software they are using, I will find out. Its a nice big screen though and easy to glance at in a race.

I used to do some racing 5 years ago, it was not until recently an old friend of mine got in contact and said in conversation btw I have a really daggy hobby which my friends don't get into "slot cars" I had to laugh, I had a $1000 worth of track and cars sitting preserved in a box, what better time to break it out.

That led to going back to the shop & training again on the new big track and turning up to race nights again, really enjoying it, great bunch of people and a wide range of ages and very helpful. Although they are very competitive some of the top guys gave up their time Saturday week ago to rebuild my Porsche 956 KH (new car) and get it race ready for Tuesday night, 3 hours testing, changing parts, all I had to do was buy the parts and learn how to build it. 29,000rpm motor non magnet racing.

I took my gopros and filmed putting the car together and testing it here is the video from that day

I was hesitant about non magnet even though the slot it magnets are not strong, but now am a convert, they seem to have a more controllable slide with non magnet, rather than holding on and letting go with no warning.

The car is competitive (its me that is still coming up to speed on the new track) mind you I was using a shop controller which the guys said is worth a couple of tenths off my times using a pro controller.

To test that theory my best lap was a 6.858 on a shop controller, I used a Difalco for 5 laps & achieved a 6.665. The fast guys are consistently pulling 6.200.

People who are not involved in slotting have no idea how technical it is, the reflexes and concentration needed to do well.

Luke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.