SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Al Schwartz
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A small box arrived today - with Mac Pinches latest bodies - 2 Ferraris - a 625 and a Squalo, a Lancia D-50, a 250 F Maserati and a W-196 Benz.

Each series that Mac does is better than the last - the detail is sharper and the body thickness more uniform without excess resin in nose and tail - altogether superb!

O.K. - so now I have the 8C, the 4.5 Ferrari and the BRM on the shelf with the W-125 about half done, and most of the rest of Series 1 and 2 already in the drawer - what next?

The W-196 is a car I have always liked and the model should be very straigtforward - not much external detail to capture and plenty of room inside. The 250 F is interesting - it appears to be the later Fantuzzi body and could, with only a little bit of effort, be converted to the V-12 - I don't know of any commercially produced V-12 slot cars. the D-50 is an interesting challenge - it is the original version with separate side tanks. This will take a bit of study - the side tanks are solid and some attachment method that offers a chance of survival beyond the first missed corner needs to be devised (time for that can of invisible paint again). The Squalo has an unmistakeable shape and the 625 is, again, an unusual subject.

I now have more than a year's worth of Pre Add projects in the hopper even assuming that I did nothing else! ( And what else might there be, one asks? - Well, I sent Russell only one of the two Ford 3 L that I have etc.)

EM

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Rest assured EM, there is a long waiting list of people willing to reluctantly accept the projects you just want to get rid of! We're very nice people and don't want you to suffer any anxiety attacks, so we are willing to sacrifice our own free time to lift the burden from your shoulders! Think of your health! Box them up and send them off to us!
Man.... these hip waders are very uncomfortable!

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Martini
I think Charlie Fitzpatrick [Betta] in the UK still does a Maserati V12 in his "Classic" range of fibreglass 1/32 bodies, not sure of the quality but it should be accurate.
[oneofwos]

·
Al Schwartz
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE I think Charlie Fitzpatrick [Betta] in the UK still does a Maserati V12 in his "Classic" range of fibreglass 1/32 bodies, not sure of the quality but it should be accurate.

You are quite correct - and, if I scrabble through the 15 or so "Classic" bodies that I have in yet another drawer, I may very well have one! (I did mention, didn't I, that the to-do list was extensive!) The Weslake Eagle currently on the bench is a Fitzpatrick body. It appears to be quite accurate with no compromises for trivia like space for gears, etc. It is a challenge - I am currently on my third try at at drive assembly - if this one works, I'll post it.

EM

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
EM, we definitely want to see a build article on the Eagle Weslake, please. As mine is kinda sorta started, I can go along with you on this. Then the Ford P68...

With kind regards

Russell

·
Al Schwartz
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE EM, we definitely want to see a build article on the Eagle Weslake, please. As mine is kinda sorta started, I can go along with you on this.

Uh-Oh - now I'm in the big leagues!

EM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts