SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having sold our house, we must move on January 15th. Unfortunately, our new house won't be finished until sometime in early March. So Fergette, Ferglet, and myself, along with our 4-legged friends, Fergwoof and Fergpuss, will be living in a cheap motel (or possibly an igloo!) for 6 - 8 weeks. So... no internet!
Even after we get the new house, it may be (shudder!) dial-up connection at best, at least for a while.

In any event, I will be around part-time until Friday or so, when I will go "poof" and disappear for quite some time.

I hope everyone raises a beer for me at the party I know Beejay will undoubtedly hold in light of this announcement.

To all of my friends here on SF.... I'm gonna miss you, and I will be eagerly awaiting the day my new PC (yes, this coal-burner is going to the bin!) fires up an internet connection for the first time! SF will be my first destination!

Until then, keep it shiny side up everyone!!

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Fergy......You will be sorely missed, but have you never heard of an Internet Cafe?.....or perhaps it's an Internet Base Camp where you live....

Best Wishes , hope all goes well with the move, and just think you get that slot room...

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hope you find somewhere comfortable very soon to sort you out till the new house is built.

Failing that, Beejay's idea of staying at a 24hr internet cafe might not be bad! I am sure they are used to it with online gamers and the like!

good luck and looking forwards to your return

Dave

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
"Fergy......You will be sorely missed, but have you never heard of an Internet Cafe?.....or perhaps it's an Internet Base Camp where you live...."

I think they are called "Inter-gloo's"
!

Have fun moving, and we'll see you soon!

Andy

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hope the move goes smoothly, but on the plus side (well for us anyway) think of all that time you will have to write another short story for us to enjoy!!!

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
QUOTE Unfortunately, our new house won't be finished until sometime in early March.

I never realised igloos took so long to build!!

Sorry Fergy, couldn't resist!

QUOTE Hope the move goes smoothly, but on the plus side (well for us anyway) think of all that time you will have to write another short story for us to enjoy!!!

Now there's an idea.......
Maybe if we all say 'please'!!

All the best, hope everything goes smoothly, enjoy your new home.

Rob

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey Fergy,

Good luck with the move and transition. I hope you are talking "Real March" not "Contractor March" which could mean your house might be ready by August (if you're lucky!).

Too bad you're going to be offline durig the whole Toy Fair period... all those new releases and announcements...

Look on the bright side, at the rate Prof Fate is running the 60's GP series, you probably won't have missed a race! (sorry, prof, couldn't resist).

Internet Cafes will do the trick and if you are anywhere near a Kinkos, you can use their work stations for pretty darn cheap...

But then again, you'd need to load up the sled dogs for the three day journey. Just don't forget to pack enough provisions if you head out!

Cheers, eh!

Ken R

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, guys!

Diff... that one is absolutely priceless!!

Ken... luckily, we hooked up with a really great, small, custom builder - one house at a time - he's now aiming at late February! Ahead of schedule!

As for "internet cafes".... I'm lucky if I can find a coffee shop where I'm going! And the motel is just minutes from the new house. As I tell friends.... drive until you are absolutely, positively certain that you are in the exact middle of nowhere... then stop... my house is the one on the left!

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE Check out WiFi in your neighborhood.

Every time I check out the wifeys in the neighbourhood, I get smacked! Ooohhhh.... NOT the same thing?
Never mind then!
Won't matter soon, anyway.... no neighbourhood.... no other wifeys!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Awwwww fergles - my little piece of saneness in this mad mad world - how will i cope without u?????

My spare room is still on offer if u want it

Hope everything goes well with the move and you are back as soon as possible

Loves ya

Huggles x x x

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone!!
You're the best on the net!

As Arnold Shwarzenegger would say.... "I'll be Bach!"

While looking around to see who would be Beethoven, Fergy, never a Bach fan, picked up a Pink Floyd CD that hadn't yet been packed. As his finger brushed across the crystal case, a bright flash of light erupted. Assuming he had picked up a mispackaged Electric Light Orchestra CD by mistake, Fergy removed the disc from it's case for a closer look. Cursing his weak eyes, he reached for his glasses, and mumbled "I wanted the Dark Side of the Moon".... and....

POOF!

he was gone....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.