SlotForum banner

the first paytrack cars in the world

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  TSRF 
Hi Don
here are some pictures of what we belive to be the earliest of the 7 Kennedy cars ( the one I kept ) the body has little difference except the Radiator is a mesh grill, there are quite a few differences on the chassis. To start with all four wheels are plastic not turned aluminium, the motor is mounted through the side plates of the chassis and not the base, the front itself is not stepped up like the later cars and the pickups rely on the springiness of the pickup material rather than a seperate coil spring. with a bit more forethought I should have made a list of the differences when I had 5 of the cars together.

I hope that is some help
john

Hi Tony
I brought 5 cars in their box off of ebay about 2 years ago now, I had previously seen the 2 cars Bernard ended up with and Bernard had told me of his research into them so when they appeared on ebay being sold by a West Country toy dealer I bid on and was lucky enough to win them and passed 4 of them and the box on to Bernard. My feeling is that even is there was only one track there was probably 18 or so cars 6 for the original home set use and 6 for the pay track plus running spares for the pay track which if it was me I would have 1 of each colour spare to save time when swapping cars over. I hope that makes the waters a little less cloudy

john

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.