SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
What are you actually saying? That historic type slot cars must be slow? I've seen plenty of full-size historic racing and slow it ain't.... What is Hi-tech anyway?;to some people,an anglewinder is Hi-tech;alloy wheels are Hi-tech. You could say any car that is not completely "off the shelf" or uses any replacement parts is Hi-tech.I don't have a answer to this one-I've got a feeling there isn't a fully satisfactory answer, anyway..........
TED.......

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I agree with Phil about the concours scoring. I think having the chassis as part of the "score" puts anyone with a bought chassis at a disadvantage. Perhaps the chassis could be judged as a separate item in a constructors class,for instance? As for banning metal chassis where does that put,say,the MRRC clubmans chassis?
I think we all need to be very wary talking about banning anything. Every time you ban or restrict things,you risk alienating people. It may be slightly galling when your pride and joy is trounced by someone with a new trick chassis or super motor or whatever,but thats slot-racing....
TED........

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Apologies if I have misunderstood the banning metal chassis thing.I was just making the point that banning anything needs careful consideration. Mac P makes a good point about allowing sponge tyres,though-I think that would be the thin end of the wedge.....
TED.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.