SlotForum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
The consensus seems to be in favour of allowing RM chassis and I agree. I am a great lover of sponge tyres but DO NOT allow them in CSCRA racing, it would become an arms race as ECRA and BSCRA did.

Tony

·
David Farrow
1,271 Posts
Ok guys,

The dust has settled on this it would appear there is an overwhelming majority in favor of things moving along at there current pace. Racing scale models of classic race cars Rather than racing classic modes of race cars. I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank, in no particular order, Richard Mack, Steve Ward, George Turner, Charles Fitzpatrick, Mack Pinches, David Jones, John at OSCAR, Al Penrose, Plattos place and lots of others that have made products that have helped everyone that has built cars.

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
There is a point here of the future - new people

I have only a small experience of the "brass" events but I have an opinion.

The bespoke chassis - these are built with skill and knowledge which needs to be learnt. Fun for some and a turn off to other.

A laser cut chassis will more than likely be done to create multiples of it thus offering an easier entry to wonderful world of scratch build racing. You now have more entries.

I can see any point in making negatives about using a commercially available product with the concourse. With or without a laser chassis I know I can't get near Martin De'Ath's talent for the bit on top.

Lastly the chassis is one point the tyres, gearing, motor, all have large parts to play.

·
Phil Smith
2,693 Posts
I think this has been a very good discussion, it certainly has changed my mind and I now think there is no problem with these chassis, in fact they may be good for this type of racing, attracting more and new participants.
Just wish you could drill holes in them! (the chassis not the drivers!)

It's now been ten years since I started VECRA, which morphed into CSCRA, and I think all of the aims I had for it when I started have been accomplished.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Hi all,
Thank you all for your input.
I think we have come to the correct conclusion here.
CSCRA events will continue to welcome anyone who wants to race scale models of historically interesting cars no matter whether those cars are entirely scratch built, assembled from a kit on a proprietary metal or plastic chassis or an out of the box ready to run car.
With all the different tracks we race on and all the different classes and eras of car we race I do not believe that there will ever be a single, dominant, design of chassis that will work everywhere.

QUOTE Hobby posted 14 Aug 2014, 14:09
I would also like to add my thanks, as I am sure you all do, to Mick Kerr for all the time and effort he puts in to keep the CSCRA up to scratch (pun intended!).
Thank you Bill but please do not forget that David Collins (justDave) probably does more than I do in keeping the CSCRA website up to date.
So thank you for your efforts too Dave.

QUOTE scaleslotcars Posted 15 Aug 2014, 11:15
It's now been ten years since I started VECRA, which morphed into CSCRA, and I think all of the aims I had for it when I started have been accomplished.
Thank you Phil and I hope David and I can continue it for many more years.

Cheers.
Mick.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I think their will come a point when somebody puts a load of sensors on a a chassis and using a computer model will be able to put flex slots in all the right places to work with certain tyres and different track types ie rally and fast club type tracks. at the moment the chassis are designed by brilliant engineers who know what works and what doesn,t. but theres a certain amount of guesswork in it, like where to put the slots, how long, doubling up slots, if the chassis needs side or up down movement and so on. you wont ever get perfection, but I,d bet you would get quite near. and that includes plastic, lazercut and wire type chassis. John

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.