SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well , I arrived back from working in Thailand last night , and I was pleasantly surprised
by my friend Volker Drkosch . He sent me 5 bodies ! The first 3 , from left to right are as follows -
L.B.4 - this is no doubt a take on the La Bostella , but with straight sides .
The second body is called The MANTA .
The third body is called The WAVE .
All are designed to fit the Carrera 1/24 scale chassis , such as the Rennchassis or Racegold chassis .

These two bodies above , are of the Froxxter - also designed for the same Carrera chassis as above !

Except for the gold Froxxter , all have been painted by Volker ! Very interesting indeed , that Thingie
design still lives in Germany ! Zig

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yes, Thingies are indeed alive in Germany!

I hope these bodeies become available in America. Maybe Mid-America would import some?

-MaX

·
Registered
465 Posts
Zig,

Yes thanks for that link!

-MaX

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all together!!!

I am Rudi and Volker told me, that you are writing about my bodies here

I am happy you like them and maybe also some other stuff I made (thanks for the compliment Jaak).....well - it will be no problem to deliver to anywhere (don´t know about the post service to Alaska and the Amazonas area).

If someone want´s further informations you can contact me via mail that is mentioned on the "Kontakt" side on our website.

@ Zig : the L.B.4 was designed for a 4 inch wheelbase so that it fits also to Flexi-chassis .
Some of the bodies where also mentioned here in the forum some time ago by Markus Reichel and I think it was Edo,who got one of the first "Wave"-Bodies.

Well -- now first I have to learn a bit how to handle the tools in this forum ....

Rudi

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome Rudi , so happy you are on this forum . Your bodies are great , and I can see in the future , many members using your bodies and chassis . Zig

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hello Rudi!

Very nice stuff indeed! I am very interested in your great products. I have to check my budget which is not good heading into the Holidays Season, but we shall see however.

Keep up the great work. BTW, which is the material and thickness of these bodies? Also the wheelbase and width would be good to know. Is that on your website?

Thanks.

-MaX

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Rudi is a true gentleman and a very good slot car parts producer.

I bought from him some nice La Bostella bodies made in different size and versions.

You can see them in the "4th Italian Thingies Meeting 2012" topic in this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Angelo,

nice to meet you here
Best regards to Italy !!!

@ Maximo : The Wheelbase is about 92mm +- .As mentioned it ´s the same like on the old L.B. .The width is about 80mm.
Excepted are the L.B. 4 with 101.4mm (4 inch ) Wheelbase and width of 82mm and also the LaBostella CL/XL
wich has 4 inch wheelbase and a width of 84mm. The material...... well let´s say it´s a clear plastic foil that can
be painted with Lexan colour or enamel and is flexible enough to stand some crash (a little tape reinforecment
at the front and back is helpfull).
I can make them from 0,5 or 0,3mm Material (even thinner is possible but is not good to handle). Also fibre is
possible,but that is not the real Thingie Theme I think.
All bodies are vacuum formed without any release agent so you can paint them without cleaning (exept you eat a
burger during work
)

@ Spurman : The Chassis I do at the moment under my own label are more for special scale-racing cars as described on my
site, but I also created some different metal chassis for a big slotracing shop that is well known in Germany under
the label "SlotPoint-Chassis"....here is a little video that a customer created: Video

Whereever you are .... have a good evening,morning or afternoon

Rudi

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well done Rudi , you have mastered the tools on this forum . Yes , we in Australia have a similar class of chassis to your SlotPoint Chassis - most are imported ! I am sure that my friend Bernd Bubenheim sent me a few from Germany . Many adjustments can be made for handling and performance . But as yet , I have not placed them on any of my Thingie replica bodies , or original Thingie bodies . I do like how the Racegold chassis work on Thingie bodies ! I must try those chassis one day ! Thanks for posting the video ! Zig

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ok - here is the Froxxster (Frogster -english spelling I assume ) . I used a spare Racegold
chassis I had . The motor is also a Racegold motor , and similar to the Carrera line of motors -
possibly with a bit more zip . Only let down , was , I had to change the rear wheels , as the
Racegold wheels , were far too wide for the body ! I had to make several adjustments to the
chassis , to accommodate the body - and this is where the German produced Racegold chassis
has many advantages over other chassis ! Just brilliant to work with . As for performance - very
smooth and very fast ! Cornering is always great with the Racegold chassis , provided some lead
is placed in the front section . Zig

PS - you spurred me on Jaak !!!!!

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Great stuff Zig,

Nice fade paintjob on it and the window lines are also very crisp.
I am honored I could spur the Spurman himself on

I have painted the Avanger it only needs to be assembled now,
it is my first Thingie flame job attempt and not the greatest results but i am happy with it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Jaak ! What do you think of the Racegold chassis ? Zig

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Hey Zig,

It is a great piece of engineering, also a fantastic go between for non chassis builders to use as a platform for Thingie bodies.
And it also has a very good potential to be used to run as a Thingie class at clubs with 1:24 compatible tracks.
I love the adjust ability it has.

Cheers,
Jaak

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Seems many are in the building mood at the moment ! Here is a La Bostella Coupe , which
has been widened for a flexi chassis . Body is by Rudi Wennekamp of Germany ! Excellent
job Rudi , my Parma Flexi Chassis 2 , fitted perfectly ! The chassis I used was put together for
straight drag , and has a Super 16D motor , which I re-wound - it is very fast indeed ! At our
local track , there is no mention in the drag rules , about magnet placement for straight drag -
so I placed some at the rear to eliminate tail sway ! Does it work - oh yes ! Zig

Body fits perfectly , and so so low ? Very impressive body !

Nice and wide !

And a pic of the chassis !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts