SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (howmet tx @ 16 Mar 2004, 10:41)S.C.M. 'Yes. I'd heard about that. But there's no point now- these cars are so good I bet you couldn't build a faster one.'
He's having a laugh, Howmet!
Oh well, a fool and his money are soon parted as they say

Thanks for sharing.

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Amen to that, Brother Howmet!

I went to a Gramer Skule too. However, after I'd given Latin and Rugby the cold shoulder
I could still take metalwork and woodwork
One of the biggest regrets though is not going off one one when the school said that metal- and woodwork were not 'O' Level subjects

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
I think Slots will enter a new era...a Platinum era... Whoa! That's too cheesy! From what I can remember of slot in the 80s (not a golden era) the hobby has come on leaps and bounds, both in variety and detail. We've never had it so good! Arrgh more cheese! However ?I believe there will always be room for scratch building and ingenuity, no matter what the maunfacturers produce.

We will continue to have Golden Eras as long as there is no Slot Karaoke! (Sorry, David, but I can't sing either)

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (Rail Racer @ 24 Mar 2004, 19:23)I also believe we're in a new platinum era of slots as I don't think it's ever really been so good with so much great product choice and still a hardcore of very talented scratch builders.

RR
I thought my comment was too cheesy, but it seems that the term amy now be assimilated into slot racing lore

No worries David
Speaking of Capris, or rather their rear wheel aspect, have you seen BMW's latest advert? It starts off by showing the back view of a frog (the amphibious creature which grows from a tadpole! not a non-PC term for a Frenchman), paying particular attention to the frog's back legs. The voiceover then says something along the lines of "Nature applies more power to the rear than the front"

GOOD CALL!!

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Blend in the power eh? That's why you never see my slot cars anywhere near a Kenwood product! I don't want to have them chopped into tiny pieces
or have food splattered over them.

Ahem... FWIW I think that the power has to be blended in when racing non-magnet slot cars too. Maybe feeding in the power on a rail car takes more concentration because they are not as forgiving? I have no idea because I've never used a rail car, and I've only seen static versions

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Thanks for sharing that David! When someone starts a thread titled the Golden Era of Slots then wallowing in nostalgia is mandatory

Mind you, I haven't got the faintest idea what you guys are on about - I was only born in 1966!

David, in the picture of your final starting grid I can see a particularly scabby piece of track. Was that a well-used start line?

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (TSRF @ 28 Mar 2004, 20:46)It's no longer "Crash & Burn", it's "Crash & Lost". For DAYS.

You'd need a group of cave rescue guys and a rescue collie dog to find the cars!

Where's the bowing down icon..... I'm not worthy! i'm not worthy!

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Alan, what is the track like at your local club? Is it worth saving for the likes of us peasants who enjoy running recognisable little cars (no this isn't a FLY Daytona bash either
I recognise that as a Daytona!). I mean obviously it's your local so it's worth saving anyway, sorry.

Heaven knows what they'd make of my Pink Kar Auto Union Hillclimb version? Hang on... it's just a silver blob with huge rear tyres (well 2 normal ones!) erm...they'd probably quite like it actually

Mark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.