SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
The Greatest Car of All Time - Land Rover

The votes have been counted and the Land Rover is a clear winner with 29 percent of the vote. Here's how the others measured up: McLaren F1, 17 percent; Audi Quattro, 16 percent; Jag E-Type, 15 percent; Ford Mustang, 10 percent; Citroen DS, 6 percent; Fiat 500, 4 percent; Black Cab 2 percent and Rolls Royce Silver Cloud 1 percent.

Read Story

I say, if the Land rover is so good, why isn't there a slotcar version readily available? I'm sure there is one somewhere - anybody have one?

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Omigod - I can't believe it!

The Landrover is so thoroughly and comprehensibly HORRIBLE that I would barely class it as a car at all!
I think this says a lot about Top Gear, TV watchers, the value of Polls and the intelligence of people who respond to TV polls.

When we get a few more members, I vote we hold exactly the same poll, here.
Omigod, what am I saying!

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After having owned a few 4x4's I can see the trend... but now having a really sporty ride, I cringe.

Look at the Raid cars from Ninco, perhaps we'll see some more "mom's taxi" SUV's coming out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

Land Rovers can be excellent fun as long as you use them for what they were designed for. I too would not really class it as a car though, more of a utility vehicle.

Still prefer a McLaren myself though.

Cheers,

slik.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Bum Slot makes a Land Rover, if you really must have one:

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Russell. i think you may like it here.

I'll pass on the Land Rover though. Here in the US they were found to be in the top five, I believe, of the worst. As far as needing repairs that is. In other words thy're heaps. It's too bad, I really like them. I put the blame on Ford. They've all but destroyed Jaguar.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Use a Landie for what it was designed for and they are great i use my 90 to tow my jet ski and it's fantastic. But when it comes to fun you can't beat a track and a sports car.
Though the jetski comes close.

Wayneslot

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
landies.. or range rovers

hmm I've got an idea.. take the V8, put it in a low chassis with big wheels put a body on top and there you have it.. one Rover SD1!

Inte

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
In my profesional capacity - Toyota PR man - I have to tell you Land Rovers are.... not as good as the great British public think they are.

Actually, that's not quiet true. Before we launched the new Land Cruiser we did some research with customers, mostly Land Rover owners. They know they break down a lot, they say they would not recomend them to friends, but when asked will they buy another one, they say most likely! It is the very definition of brand power.

Fortunately, only the Brits are this blinkered. Well, unfortunately for me as my bonus (model buying budget) is directly related to UK sales.

·
Registered
714 Posts
QUOTE Land Rovers are.... not as good as the great British public think they are.
I don't even think the great British public thinks they are.
No, let's refine that a little further.
I don't think the great British public thinks at all.
It reacts . . . schizophrenically,
some tending to go along with whatever their favorite idiot TV celebrity tells them
and the rest being as damned ornery as possible!
This is the essence of British eccentricity.
Should the Land Rover have even been there to vote for in the first place?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Steady there with the Brit bashing! Sixteen years in the British Army taught me that the Rover in the right spec is a good bit of kit, better than any foreign rubbish!! Point is what are people doing running around on the roads with these 4x4 vehicles, it makes you laugh. Obviously the Yanks struggle to fix them but they need the Brits to help them do everything so it comes as no surprise!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts