SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Just to confirm the HO Zone will be back at the Festival this year.

We won't have the big race track again. We held a round of the national HO series on it, and whilst the 330 inches per second cars really wowed the spectators we didn't have as much time to engage them as we would of liked. Live and learn.

We will have the demo track back again, and the display area too. We will also have two Autoworld 1/4 mile scale dragstrips for people to try, and an AFX '24hr Champions' set with two fantastic LMP1s to play with.

We are negiotiating with one other manufacturer as we speak.

Forget what you think you know about HO, and come and check us out. Our location is in the free programme.This is what we got up to last year:

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Holding the race meeting at the Festival last year was an unforgettable experience, but - as Deane said - we missed out on chatting to people about HO and very few of us saw anything of the rest of the Festival, let alone the museum

Here's andyslot's 4-lane demo track:

The HO Zone display:

Do come and find us in the HO Zone. This year we will happily talk the hind legs off a donkey about the small scale. And we're bringing some of our very fastest cars to play with

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Best of luck at the festival this year Deane.
I thought your HO track was the best on display last year.
Unfortunately I`ll not be down due to family commitments.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are deep in thought about something. I am out of shot but I remember that moment.

Reviewing 100s of pictures as part of EAHORC's 10th anniversary I came across some sights. Robin Cornwall larking about, people will eyes half closed as the shutter closes, Robin larking about, people caught in weird poses, intensity at the driver's station like you would not believe, and so on. Quite a few shots with Tony Stacey in that slumped manner. Oh, and Robin larking about

Bring some vintage stuff on Sunday and see if you can get some interest in AAVHORA, as Tony won't do it.

See you there, should be cracking.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Stuff for the HO Zone tested, packed and ready to go

I've got Autoworld Top Fuel dragsters and Funny cars for my AW/Tomy drag strip, plus some Life Like M and Autoworld X-traction Nascars that will go on the drag strip or either of the demo tracks. Plus I've got three of my race cars: two modified Mega-Gs and a Wizzard P3. They will be a bit of a blur on the drag strip

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You keep your cars in such pristine condition Andy. Nice and gleaming! But it does look like Taco Bell has lost an A pillar. I'm sure that's just the angle though. Can you come and clean my cars when you get back!!

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Glad you had fun on the track today.

The Drag Strips are a US item, and can be found for around $90-$120, range, plus shipping.

The well known auction site has several sets for sale, but you have to use the .com site searching for Autoworld Drag.

There are several different sets, with the main difference being either funny cars or top-fuelers.

You will have to source an old UK afx power pack, or use an adaptor to use the US power pack. Or graft a 18v power pack to the power lead (laptop power supplies work well)

We were running with extra straights, not included in the pack to make a scale 1/4 mile strip. The box one is a bit shorter, but can be added onto using AFX or Autoworld 15" straights. (plenty can be found on the well known auction site).

andy

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it Rich. I think the drag strips were a hit with a lot of people

Those AutoWorld dragsters were running non-stop from 10am through to 3.30pm and they just kept going. They will need a bit of a clean and a polish, but I was really impressed how fast and reliable my Top Fuel cars were, pretty much straight out of the box.

BTW, I got my drag strip from Bad L Hobbies in the States. Worth looking at as well as the auction site. The cars can be got in the UK, from Slot Cars Direct UK. I think I might be picking up a couple more Top Fuel cars...

Here's a short video from the HO Zone, before things got really busy.

Looking forward to next year already

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.