SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· One petunia in a field of onions
6,433 Posts
Lovely little green corner.

Like the cobbles, but perhaps not as much life in them as on the last track. How about a touch of dry brushing in a pinkish tone, a colour that is a light version of the roof colour?

When you make your cobbles, how do you attach the Das to the MDF? Is it just pressed in place while wet? Have you had any issues with it lifting and cracking as it shrinks and dries?

Embs

6,433 Posts
QUOTE (L.Cerante @ 20 Jul 2011, 08:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>For me the cobbles look ok, but I like the idea of dry brushing ...but I may try it with a very soft one as I don't want to see any marks of it on my cobbles. The problem is actually on the side walks. I was thinking about painting the pavements borders with a different colour from the cobbles too, but I'm not so sure how to do it. Airbrushing don't seem to be the best idea though.
Leo, I'd definitely be tackling some light colour variation with a humble old fashioned paint brush if it were my track. Airbrush is great for some things... ok, a lot of things. But there are still some things, detailing particularly, that is just better done with a soft paintbrush. It will take a very gentle touch, only a little bit here and there. Don't try to build up too much colour at once. But it definitely would benefit from some colour amongst the greys of both the roadway and the side walks.

Cheers
Embs

6,433 Posts
Ah, the man who reminded us all of the joys of DAS returns. Fantastic Leo, as always. I know I saw someone using silver coloured tape at one stage, (maybe Thib?) but I wouldn't know from where they bought it.

I do hope someone has called an ambulance for the poor fellow stuck under the little red car at the top of the picture.

6,433 Posts
Not so long ago everyone was happy with the standard flock grass. Now the static is the thing (even if the model rail guys have been using it for ages, we are just a little slow to catch on). I still haven't taken the plunge on my track (it will happen when the rains come) but I have been mighty impressed with the way the garage diorama has stood up to nearly 14 months of abuse, having rulers, calipers, scissors and assorted other tools constantly sat, dropped and stored on it.

The improvement in the look is most definitely worth the effort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.