SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
redstar
1,602 Posts
Here are the HO Marusan slot cars and sets at the museum here in Pasadena Texas. They include the 1st Marusan set ever made with Nissans that were front wheel drive with the contacts in the rear ! Also included are 2 different ambulance sets with MGA convertibles ! Also shown are Marusan sets made for New Zealand called RSL. There are some photos of the New Zealand 4 lane set,the only one known to exist. Last but not least is the 1st Atlas set made by Marusan. On the outside it looks like the USA Atlas sets ( except for the copyright info on the front ) , but the inside looks just like a Marusan set. Notice the cars have Japanese labels ! These are very rare. Also I show some figures and road signs. I'm still missing a couple of cars like the Volvo 1800. Please let me know if you have one. Marusan cars are my favorite HO scale cars. Some of these are hand painted at the factory and some have working headlights. They went under in 1968 and Bullmark was born,more on that later.
question.gif

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,006 Posts
Very impressive Bernard. I fixed the typo in the title.

Is that the only Volvo 544 made as a slot car? Did anybody ever do the 122? (our family had one in the 60s).

Don

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I like the Sherman tank, I doubt it could keep up with the Mercedes though, maybe they should have done a Wilys Jeep or a Tiger tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts