SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Guess what just arrived today? The new Dash Motorsports Cheetah body kit for a mere $8.50 each. They come with a window, and chrome intake.

They come in 6-colours. The wheelbase has been modified to fit the Dash, and old Aurora chassis a little better.
Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Toy
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Toy Hood
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Toy

The glass and chrome are just sitting on the car for now until after the body gets painted candy lime green.

If at first you don't succeed? Put a Cheetah under your hood!

If you missed the first Aurora Cheetah release? Now's the time to get a fresh one.

Thanks for looking,
Ken

·
Registered
197 Posts
As a kid a had one of those in orange, it was passed on to me by my father. I've been looking for one but usually the asking price it too high, it'll take a look at Dash.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Glock,

I have one original orange #2 Aurora Cheetah with an Aurora chassis. What are we trading?

Here's a link to the pic of the car.

I'm looking for the following Aurora (bodies only):
1) Mangusta DeTomaso
2) Mako Shark
3) E-type Jaguar
4) Olds Toronado

Cheers,
Ken

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Options: The orange Cheetah came 2 ways.

As the Tuff Ones # 2 ...

... and as a plain unmarked version available on a promotional dealio. Packaged which with a section of track.

This was one of the plain-jane orange examples that had been ruined. Orange paint, a vintage FE, and a G-plus chassis to the rescue!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Glock,

I have one original orange #2 Aurora Cheetah with an Aurora chassis. What are we trading?

Here's a link to the pic of the car.

I'm looking for the following Aurora (bodies only):
1) Mangusta DeTomaso
2) Mako Shark
3) E-type Jaguar
4) Olds Toronado

Cheers,
Ken
Unfortunately I don't have any Tjets, I have one AW Tjet500 and two Dash Mondogrip.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's....SOOPERSCHNOZZ

As much as I promote the tyco bandwagon, I prefer to be in denial over the "s" cars.

(thx, nonetheless, MM)
Tee hee ... and... guffaw. I knew someone besides me would have to gag. I merely said they did one, I didnt say they did it particularly well.

There were lot of "Fun House Mirror" cars back in the day.

·
Registered
311 Posts
On the Dash Cheetahs, I wonder if a different chrome insert could be used? Imho the chrome doesn't look as good as the original. Maybe something different could be used?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Tread Tire

CB, I gotta agree. That chrome nibblet is pretty dang gumball.

They came a lot of different ways. The high plenum Rochester dual throttle body "fuel rejection" was pretty exotic. They also had the single body rejection like the Corvette, and of course all sorts of "carbonator" arrangements.

Under close scrutiny, Aurora's version has always looked like a pair of double pumpers on a single plane high rise, IMHO. Pretty common for the period. Jeez I'm old!

Bill

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I miss the old days when some people used to throw a 750 Holley double pumper carb on a bone stock engine and then ask "What does it mean when my car "boggs"?. And how come the Holley didn't make my car faster?". Stuff like that always made me laugh. :geek:

I still have a Holley carb. But, it's on my garage wall as decor. "One Holley carb for sale?". ;)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Back in the day: '66 Corvette (that hooked up), 327/300 hp, 3.7:1 gear, 650 double pumper, curved distributor, sidemount headers. It ran pretty fair.

I loved to pull up next to a jacked up big block that was loading up...

To my eye, the Cheetah (actually, all Cheetahs) "need" injector stacks. Preferably polished.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
COOL Bob! The 650 was soooo under-rated for the street. I got a great Corvette/650 Holley story for another day.

Mesh Audio equipment Grille Carbon Circle

Memory lane? Lets not forget the Cal Custom chrome velocity stack with the cheesey 1/8" reticulated foam filter and the bird screen. It was a good place to set your beer, cuz at least your beer actually helped block some of the dirt. giggle

Looking in the rearview mirror tunability was always the issue. The difference between WAAAAAAAAAA! and BUUUUUUUwaaaAAAAAA!

All that prehistoric "carbonater voodoo" is now pretty well lost to the ages. Back in the day you'd have to buy a whole new carb to just to change a quad's venturi size. Interchangeable venturi inserts didnt come until much later. I shudder to think of all the juicers that went to the scrap heap, because EVERYONE blames the carb first, instead of the maroon that sized it; let alone jetted or adjusted it after the fact. A brief moment of silence if you please, for all the wheezing setups that were black flagged through no fault of their own. The irony being that even back then, all the info of what worked best for an application was common knowledge.

I just put a quadrapuke into working order for my neighbor's boat. Beyond all usual fuzz and scuzz, the accelerator piston was seized. Fortunately his bother had a tote full of cores we could pick from.

I cut my teeth on eurotrash, so I still get a kick out of straightening out a rack of side or down drafters. Many of the Weber offerings were unique from the get go, using incrementally sized venturi inserts to adjust your CFM with in the working range of the throttle plates. Ya do have to take the tops off though. The nifty part ... ? The idle, main, and pre-atomizer jets (squirter) are all accessible from the outside, so changes can be made on the spot without dis-assembly.

I could go on for days on carb carnage, and still dabble a little; simply because it's gravy bench top work, and one of those mysterious lost arts. Unless the housing is "shafted", most can be saved.

Now a days the kiddees clean up their throttle bodies and airflow meters, then turn right around and oil up their custom K&N air filters that lay just upstream of the hot wire. Indicating that induction still remains misunderstood.

Hi jack over!

Bill

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just before jack runs away....I've bought many none-running Holley carbs for cheap money back in the early 80's. They usually didn't run because there's usually sand in the float bowl. Several people used to run their engines without an air-cleaner. Brilliant thinking back then.

I used to work as an automotive machinist for a speed & custom shop. Holley rebuilds kits were as low as $15. I can still rebuild one with my eyes closed.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts