SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Back in the day: '66 Corvette (that hooked up), 327/300 hp, 3.7:1 gear, 650 double pumper, curved distributor, sidemount headers. It ran pretty fair.

I loved to pull up next to a jacked up big block that was loading up...

To my eye, the Cheetah (actually, all Cheetahs) "need" injector stacks. Preferably polished.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
751 Posts
"[I am] just marking time until he gets his new green model all dolled up. My favorite color."--Model Murdering

Green was way down on my list until I viewed:

The Big Guy makes no mistakes, and (as usual) I re-aligned my viewpoint.

The next sunspot "high" (which equals high northern lights activity) is 2023-2025. If you decide to go, learn where the "band" of activity is and when is the best time to view them. Cold and dark is best. I went in the fall.

Chena Hotsprings just north of Fairbanks is a good bet (but, as always, no guarantees).
What does all this have to do with slotcars?
Hey, they are called the
Motor vehicle Font Automotive wheel system Circle Electric blue
borealis!

·
Registered
751 Posts

Sometimes it seems like the plastic soaks up the shiny after a while. I have waited a month and recleared and it has held up better.

Of course, I am a mere paint-plebeian and I actually did that only once...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Waitin' on Mr Bill for the definitive word...

Of course, with paint, there is more than one way to get there. Most of the ones I have tried result in tears.:cry: But if I stay after it, eventually I seem to get things to the point that I can stand it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am hesitant to wax anything until I am sure I will never want to re-paint.

Silicone can be a bear to lose--and I have commercial grade "prep-sol" just for that purpose.

Ken/Bill/All-- I use Meguire's "mist and wipe" and that does not seem to be a wax, but more of a solvent. Thoughts?

Also, Ken, how do you "strip"? Most solvents that will remove paint ruin plastic, and ditto for abrasives.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts