SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Guess what just arrived today? The new Dash Motorsports Cheetah body kit for a mere $8.50 each. They come with a window, and chrome intake.

They come in 6-colours. The wheelbase has been modified to fit the Dash, and old Aurora chassis a little better.
Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Toy
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Toy Hood
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Toy

The glass and chrome are just sitting on the car for now until after the body gets painted candy lime green.

If at first you don't succeed? Put a Cheetah under your hood!

If you missed the first Aurora Cheetah release? Now's the time to get a fresh one.

Thanks for looking,
Ken

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Glock,

I have one original orange #2 Aurora Cheetah with an Aurora chassis. What are we trading?

Here's a link to the pic of the car.

I'm looking for the following Aurora (bodies only):
1) Mangusta DeTomaso
2) Mako Shark
3) E-type Jaguar
4) Olds Toronado

Cheers,
Ken

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I miss the old days when some people used to throw a 750 Holley double pumper carb on a bone stock engine and then ask "What does it mean when my car "boggs"?. And how come the Holley didn't make my car faster?". Stuff like that always made me laugh. :geek:

I still have a Holley carb. But, it's on my garage wall as decor. "One Holley carb for sale?". ;)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just before jack runs away....I've bought many none-running Holley carbs for cheap money back in the early 80's. They usually didn't run because there's usually sand in the float bowl. Several people used to run their engines without an air-cleaner. Brilliant thinking back then.

I used to work as an automotive machinist for a speed & custom shop. Holley rebuilds kits were as low as $15. I can still rebuild one with my eyes closed.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
You guys are sure making me laugh. :)

In response? A can of Tamiya candy lime is being prepped in the can swirler. (y)

I must have at least 3-more bodies waiting on that colour. Today's the day.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It's a lot more than just understanding, Bill. I appreciate your inspiration.

You make the coolest cars, and paint jobs. Everyone else is merely following in your shadow.

You also add a fun side to the history of things. Not all just business.

Bob keeps things flowing. (y)

I had to postpone painting for a few hours to be a responsible adult (or something). Candy lime green is still happening tonight.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Use a little automotive car wax on the end of a Q-tip and gently wax her up. It will probably look better than when you first painted it.

I prefer "Mother's" automotive wax.

The green Cheetah will get the wax treatment in about 3-days. Then it'll really sparkle. You should be able to read the bulb wattage/rating reflection in the paint. :cool:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I agree. Bill has the final say on good paint advice.

If I don't like the way something turned out. I strip and repaint fresh. I would waste more time trying to fix a bad paint job than repainting. Check the "Rebuilding the fleet starting with the Jeep" thread for a bad paint job on a GTO stripped and repainted.

I am getting so sick and tired of rattle-can over spray!!! (I want an airbrush for my birthday)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Super Clean degreaser in Canada. Royal Purple degreaser in the USA.

You can let the body soak in it for 3-days and it won't harm the plastic. 24-hours is usually enough (over night). I wish I knew about this stuff when I was a kid. It could have saved a lot of poorly painted models.
Liquid Light Purple Fluid Personal care

1 - 14 of 14 Posts