SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Back in the day: '66 Corvette (that hooked up), 327/300 hp, 3.7:1 gear, 650 double pumper, curved distributor, sidemount headers. It ran pretty fair.

I loved to pull up next to a jacked up big block that was loading up...

To my eye, the Cheetah (actually, all Cheetahs) "need" injector stacks. Preferably polished.

View attachment 304775
That's what I am thinking, tubes (velocity stacks) in chrome or aluminum gray color. I had a Corvair Corsa and the 4 carb setup worked really well. I ditched the springs and cut pieces of hose to put over the linkage to control when the secondaries would open up. Worked great. When bought the engine, it had only 2 carbs with it's secondaries capped off. So I ordered a used set of linkage and carbs and rebuilt them. Prior to that I tried the spider looking single 4 bbl 500 cfm Holley carb but I didn't like it.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

From a way back disc. Low-pro tires really exacerbate bodies with wheel well issues. The Aurora's Cheetah was no exception. Very little if any material can be removed from the the screw posts before the armature gear binds under the cowl. The blue example sits on one of my T-jet drop chassis.

In the land that time forgot, period butchery dictated that we substituted an AFX chassis using only the front screw, by timming off the basket handle mounts. Better fit, lower CG, and more horse power.

While Dash makes chassis, the rear axle height remains unchanged; thus so does the ride height. At a glance, the Dash Cheetah coupe appears to be a better match for the hiked axle heights of the JAG chassis'.

Still looking for the pics of my early Dash Cheetah roadster. A nicely done model, available for T-jet or TOMY.

Bill

·
Registered
156 Posts
While were talking bogging out Holleys. I love when people tune vac secondaries and talk about feeling the 4bbl open. If you can "feel" it its opening to late. You back the springs down from stock till it bogs then go back up one ,then you are getting maximum fuel in that the engine can take/needs.
And MM I have an old velocity stack like the one pictured less the grill/foam, kicking around in storage. Actually had it on my project car befor I sold the engine.
Kinda cool Im not the only car guy farting around with HO cars. Been a few years since my last running car LOL Had a Landau Monte Carlo built nearly exclusively from swap meet and horse traded parts. Even had a horse traded paint job(rebuilt a 327 for a freind...which he blew up!! after it threw a belt and he ignored the temp gauge) shined and ran 13s for under $3000. My current car is sitting in storage engineless under boxes since my last move.:cry:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Bob,

Best guess is that it's a no brainer, simply because my orange metallic Cheetah sits on an AFX G-plus. The wheel base of the JAG will be more complimentary.

Kens nifty purchase got me to thinking about the Cheetah again, which admittedly was way back in my timeline. All things come full circle, and new products came along with it. Time for a revisit to take a gander. I'll give it a shot and post up in the not to distant future. The JAG chassis is on the bench.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

Cheetah in vintage trim. Here's normal ride height of the Aurora.

An absolute rocket on the JAG chassis. Velocities not suitable for a vintage styrene collectible ... LOL

Looking right up the gut. The Dash offering will also have plenty of space to lower the tail; just watch your screw lengths!

Unfortunately there is no middle front axle position offered, but you can sneak one in if you dont like the stretched look.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
My pleasure as always Bob. Answering the questions nobody asked.

I blame Ken! The suspense is killing me. Just marking time until he gets his new green model all dolled up. My favorite color.

It was great fun to dust off the kit with my Cheetahs in it. Shamefully, they hadnt been run in a year. Other than a set of motor brushes, everything was in good order.

"Manof kent" reminded me, I really need to break down and get a pretty red one.

Bill

·
Registered
797 Posts
"[I am] just marking time until he gets his new green model all dolled up. My favorite color."--Model Murdering

Green was way down on my list until I viewed:

The Big Guy makes no mistakes, and (as usual) I re-aligned my viewpoint.

The next sunspot "high" (which equals high northern lights activity) is 2023-2025. If you decide to go, learn where the "band" of activity is and when is the best time to view them. Cold and dark is best. I went in the fall.

Chena Hotsprings just north of Fairbanks is a good bet (but, as always, no guarantees).
What does all this have to do with slotcars?
Hey, they are called the
Motor vehicle Font Automotive wheel system Circle Electric blue
borealis!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
You guys are sure making me laugh. :)

In response? A can of Tamiya candy lime is being prepped in the can swirler. (y)

I must have at least 3-more bodies waiting on that colour. Today's the day.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It's a lot more than just understanding, Bill. I appreciate your inspiration.

You make the coolest cars, and paint jobs. Everyone else is merely following in your shadow.

You also add a fun side to the history of things. Not all just business.

Bob keeps things flowing. (y)

I had to postpone painting for a few hours to be a responsible adult (or something). Candy lime green is still happening tonight.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts