SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

After many months of hard work, and speculations, I am happy to announce that slot racing has a new permanant track on the scene. (Drum roll please)...

The Mulbarton International Racing Circuit, known as the MIRC.

The circuit is set in 1967, a track using public roads. We are running on the Road Course, but we are going to make it so that it looks like there are 3 other circuits, the North Circuit, the South Circuit and the club circuit (these will not actually made of track, but just painted tarmac areas.

And now for some pics as of the 26th November...

Here we have layed out the track on some plasti-card, the same height as the track, then we are cutting around the track, and sinking it!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w275/fe...40/DSC03156.jpg

Finished! Now I siliconed down the track, and added some weight, you can see some parts of the track!

The next day, I took off the weight, and look!

Feel free to post any comments! Tommorow I will take some pics of my next task, which is raising part of the track! I will then try and get a overview shot!

Jon

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Finally we get some pictures! All that nagging paid off guys!

What I want to know is...how much did you pay the invisible man to do that front wheel stand on his bike? Did his weight help or was it just a figment?

Great to see a start Jon. I know you have learnt a lot from this forum, just like me, so we expect the makings of a stunning track from this.

Note to self: tag this thread Graham.

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys

It seems no-one is that intrested, so maybe an update will help. I have finished the elevations at the top of the circuit, and layout out the buildings.

First I cut the wood so each track peice

Finished! I am just laying out the various buildings.

And the first overview

And the other way

Foam coming tommorow!
Jon

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
It's not that we weren't interested, more like you didn't really show us anything to comment on...other than that front wheel bike stand. Now we can see it coming together there will be a lot of comments. It's looking good. I like the layout and there is plenty of space for scenery. I guess you're a bit of a Spa fan

Well done Jon.
Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Note to self: Tag this thread.

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
Er, Jon, I hope you've left the back of that tunnel open, otherwise it could turn into a covered car park

Nice to see your track being built, have fun, and keep those pic's coming

Mike

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
QUOTE (Miker @ 1 Dec 2007, 15:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Er, Jon, I hope you've left the back of that tunnel open, otherwise it could turn into a covered car park

Nice to see your track being built, have fun, and keep those pic's coming

Mike
As someone who has a short tunnel on my track, I'd just echo the last two responses. There seems to be no visibility for the turn, and it will be difficult to recover cars. It doesn't look promising, unless we're missing something in your design. Other than this issue, looking very nice and I'm looking forward to watching the track develop.

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi

Miker: Yes I have kep the tunnel open, like this

There is going to be a peice of wood that fits in that gap, with 2 kitchen drawer hooks on each side. You can easily get the cars.

Witness: No, it is really easy section of corners, as shown on the circuit map. Also a bit later I am going to put a track map up (thanks Brad) so everyone can see what it looks like. Over the top it is covered with foam.

Jon

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi

Done the main structural part of the foam today, all that is left is the inside part.

And Again

I have been to the model shop a few weeks back and got some Plastruct railings, to go round the farmhouse.

Also moved one of the houses, and took the figure from the marshall point by the farmhouse. Eventually this is going to be the other side of the track.

And from the drivers perspective

The most important part, the racing!

Colin McRae blasts out of the Le Mans Start!

Evans passes the Pit Lane

And a GT40 passes enters the tunnel

Jon

·
Registered
468 Posts
Wow! Jon, this is really looking great! I love how the track seems to 'flow' as it wends its way round. It looks like the foam is working out as a scenery base. Do I recognize some of the buildings? Very nice work on the roof and siding. I like those touches. Where did you get the little figure in the blue raincoat? I've got just the place for such a figure. Who makes it? Again, this is really looking nice, I'm glad you're posting up photos for the rest of us to enjoy the build.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Hi Jon. Track looks really good. If you want any info regarding the 1960's types of buildings and track scenery ie bill boards etc contact me as this was when I was in my prime. I have lots of books that may be of use to refer to as to what the tracks were like in those days. Now you can guess my age can't you!. Mike

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.