SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just released in Spain is the SCX new digital track. The set is provided with a Vodafone CLK, a Vitaphone Astra and a Halleröder Audi. Also on sale right now are the same cars provided in three other liveries : TV Today Astra, 24h Service CLK and Originale Teile TT. The cars are quite more expensive than regular releases (+/- 49 € instead of +/- 28 €).

Fine so far, save for the enthusiast who doesn't mind about the digital system but would like to get those new liveries !

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
erm.. erm.. I'm bored.. lets go back to normal and nerf people again!

no actually I'm going to go testmy 956 a bit more

Rob.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Why do SCX assume that we all have access to broadband?

I want broadband and BT say I can't have it. Telewest have stopped digging trenches.

I hate homepages that take minutes to load.

I'll come back to your site SCX when you have a user friendly homepage.

Moped

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I have broadband and live in a wee litle village miles away from anywhere!

however,what I dont have is hell oops I mean dell tech support.. which I could do with, no actually would be better if they just sent the motherboard to me.. instead of giving me instructions that are as good as a choclate fire guard!!! grrr!

Rob.
p.s computer 4 is still standing.. or sitting.. somehow! 1,2,3 well they all decided to say bye bye yesterday

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'd love to find that under the tree.

The track layout looks a bit boring, would want to upgrade the layout straight away

Trouble is... You can't (yet)

I believe Digital track isn't backwards compatible with any existing track, so for the new user it's going to be an expensive alternative.

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
I also live in a very small village miles from any where and ther eis as much chance of getting broad band as bright blue snow at christmas

Graham

Dunsop Bridge centre of the UK and the known universe

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE I believe Digital track isn't backwards compatible with any existing track weLL IF THATS TRUE, i CAN GET CAPS LOCK OFF AND TYPE PROPER THEN THERE ISNT A HOPE IN HEL THAT i AM GOING TO GET THIS DIGITAL GYPE UNLESS i CAN HAVE IT FREE.. ANYONE? ANYONE? AWW.. SPOIL SPRTS!

rOB.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
For those who cannot yet obtain broadband, I'm sorry, be patient, it will come.
But the failings of your internet service provider can hardly be blamed on a slot car manufacturer. Nor would it be sensible of a company pioneering a digital system to NOT use broadband on the off-chance that someone might not have that service. This is how progress takes place, not all at once, but progressively.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
If you do not have broadband and are within 15km of a place that does have DSL or ADSL I can connect you with a simple line-of-sight WiFi bridge. If you are out of that range, I can still connect you using a Satellite down-link system for roughly the same price as a professional ADSL line.

Give me a call if you want to get connected.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I liked that video! It looks very intense

Could be some thing in a while, but I'll definitly not invest in a whole new track system and a new fleet of cars... But if they were more compatible, then

For now I'd rather invest in a router, some wood and MDF...

Toby

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
I've used the Davic system a few times and this Technitoys system seems exactly the same idea. Maybe the crossovers are a bit short as surely the idea is to change lanes without losing speed. On the Davic layouts the crossovers are about eighteen inches long so you can cross without letting off at all.
Everyone who has run on the Davic really loves it, so I reackon Technitoys has a winner on their hands

BTW,
as this is a European based site and I guess there are some Spanish members, would it not be a good idea to try and call 'SCX' by it's Spanish manufacturers name, Technitoys, and the UK 'Scalextric' brand, Hornby, so as to avoid any confusion?

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
That IS a sensible idea - infortunately too sensible for the manufacturers concerned!
Maybe we can brainwash or bully them into coming to a sensible accommodation . . . ?

Reverting a little further back in the thread
QUOTE I believe Digital track isn't backwards compatible with any existing track, so for the new user it's going to be an expensive alternative
Technically, the TRACK isn't 'digital', only the control systems - ANY track can be digitally controlled, the only necessity being the addition of crossover sections.

Logically, backwards compatibility would only be a problem for an existing user with a lot of old track. A new user, with no existing track wouldn't have any problem at all!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Coming back to my original post (and concern),

Do you think that SCX would release a similar livery in two versions : a conventional one and a digital one ? Wouldn't this confuse some people ?

I don't think they'll do it (though I hope they will !)

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I think it would be madness to try limit any car exclusively to the digital system.
There may be some short-sighted thinking that suggests that digital sales might be boosted if exclusive cars are provided. Certainly there are fanatics who simply MUST have a particular car, but I think very few, if any, would be persuaded to go digital purely in order to obtain one or two cars.

In any case, we are talking only about body shells. There would be NO problem in making the body shells interchangeable. I would be astounded if they are not.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do certainly agree with you Tropi when you talk about cars, but my concern is more about liveries. SCX has just done 5 new liveries for their DTM cars and they are restricted to digital cars so far.

My problem is : I WANT those liveries but I don't want digital cars ...

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Froggie,

Though I didn't really check it very much, I assume that the Vodafone Mercedes is the same livery as the one that was released by SCX as a common release (car #3). That makes 5 liveries that are only available in digital :

- the Audi Halleröder (set car)
- the Audi Originale Teile (I really like that one !)
- the blue Mercedes 24h Service
- the Astra TV Today
- the Astra Vitaphone (set car)

Do you think we could easily find some Spanish enthusiast willing to swap bodies ?
I think it will be tough !

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Oh, no fair.

Are they going to keep these liveries just for the Mickey Mouse system?

[Open letter]

Mr SCX, I would like to have several of those liveries, I do not want and will not buy Digital in order to have them though.

Love and kisses,

Wankel

[/Open letter]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts