SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Seeing comments made elsewhere about the Scalextric Classic cars and folk are daring to suggest that these may be the perfect car for the whole spectrum of slot car enthusiasts but they are not the quickest car around.

So in true English Exam style:-

"The perfect car is not always about speed"

Discuss.

Moped

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
Moped, for once you are korrekt, and this is why Scalextric cars are not the perfect slot cars. They are merely adequate.
Regards,

Doc Pea

·
Registered
446 Posts
No, I often find the most interesting cars are about controlling a fun powerslide. The old Ninco Porsche 911's, SCX Suby's and the Fly Corvette C5 Coupe are all very well balanced for a very controllable powerslide.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I don`t think perfect is the correct description but for that class type there are few stable mates to run against right now so nothing much to compare them too right now.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I realised that you were referring but I thought it would sound pretty funny. QUOTE He who dares wins!! Vety true, Very true!!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Right! I dare you to sort out an inter club for any weekend in November this year Inte! Yep at yours is fine mate

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
hi, guys
personally, I like a sense of realistic handling, some powerslide and even a sense of scale speed (obviously not literally...but a "blur" is unmistably too fast for me to feel scale speed). I have a little of everything (except MMK so far)...including a cute little SlotClassics Morgan and a 1/24 Landrover behemoth as extreme examples. My favorite cars are the Scalextric GT40, Scalextric Caterham and an EJ's chassis/Revell 300SL. I'm not sure there's a real pattern there, but I do often prefer to buy Scalextric at this point, unless I am scratchbuilding.

cheers,
John

PS...you dare, you win...then what? let me guess...you dare again

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Ahem!

We should be talking slot cars boys. The clue is in the url - www.slotforum.com.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
LOL!! That`s a date boy racer!! Maybe let Jim know as he may come down for the social and we can talk about next years Slot tech. Anyone else welcome for that matter?

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Enough!

I've deleted Inte's last post, I'll close out this thread if you don't get the message - you want to chat, message each other. The board is for slot talk. A little digression is fine. If you go too far then you get a warning shot across the bows. If you don't heed it you can end up on a ban.

Can't you Inte?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts