SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be seen at the Paris auto show in a couple of weeks:

The 907 is Peugeot's view of how the ultimate GT car should look. Powered by a 6.0 litre V12 engine, developing power of around 500 bhp, it also features a sequentially controlled 6-speed manual gearbox. The carbon fibre body boasts an interior that is functional yet oozes genuine class: leather and Alcantara for the passenger compartment, wood for the steering wheel and gear lever. With the 907, Peugeot's stylists have created a traditional yet modern interpretation of the ultimate Grand Touring super car.

When will we see this on the track up against the Vipers and Vettes?

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Clearly the man in charge of styling at Peugeot has recently retired or died. That's so ugly it could be a Bristol!

Peugeot used to do much better, in my opinion. This is the Peugeot Oxia - I saw it run at over 200mhp at Michelin's test track in 1988 or 89.

And this is Proxima. It used the mechanicals from the 205 Turbo16 Group B rally car. Wicked!

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (Ecurie Ecosse @ 2 Sep 2004, 18:00)Clearly the man in charge of styling at Peugeot has recently retired or died.
Indeed, the 1007 looks awful

·
Registered
446 Posts
Cool sliding doors though. That 907 has the front end of the newest Pug 407-It was designed so that it would be smoother so it wouldn't cause as much damage in the accident of hitting someone. It also has the rear end of the 307CC which looks cool and has the overall body shape of the Mercedes SLR and similar front lights.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I usually like Peugeot styling - among the sleekest in the modern crowd. But, yes that 907 looks plain ugly to me. Might be better in the flesh, I suppose.
But I have similar feelings about Vipers too - none in my slot stable.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
I'm with Scott and others... that is just ugly. Reminds me of the Chrysler Crossfire they are selling here. Sorry, but without a noticeable rear end, the shape just ain't right!
And that nose..... yuck! The details sound great! But it looks like someone designed the body while on lunch break!

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
You chaps are cruel. Some designer chappie obviously put a great deal of time and... hfffnnnnarrrgh.....
Sorry. I just can't finish this.....

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
I think that was Dr. Kevorkian.... no wait, I'm wrong... Kevorkian was the guy you wanted after you bought a Hhfffnnnnarrrgh-designed car!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've been seeing a lot of cars designed to look like that lately. Must be a monkey see monkey do kind of thing. I think Mercedes has one, Mopar has one and maybe Cadillac, I can't recall. I'm not very fond of the design so I'll never bother to remember
Didn't Jaguar have an XKE that looked like that a long time ago? Shelby Daytona wasn't too far off from that design either, come to think of it.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE Jaguar have an XKE that looked like that a long time ago? Shelby Daytona wasn't too far off from that design either, come to think of it.

aBill.... send me your mailing address.... I'm boxing up my glasses as we speak!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Well clearly the Mercede (McLaren) SLR is the only attractive one there.

The only similarities between the others are ugliness, and erm... well just ugly then...

McLaren

·
Registered
800 Posts
In the '90s all your designs were pretty much 'cab forward' and these uh, new designs are cab rearward. I don't know what it's really called so I just called it cab rearward

Personally, I still prefer the central cabin location with short overhangs front and rear but I'm just a stodgey old coot stuck in the past
My daily driver, the infamous geezer mobile, is of the cab forward design but looks almost centered. My last track date was rained out but if you're interested in seeing a terribly slow geezer mobile running in a safe environment I'll be at Mason-Dixon dragway in Hagerstown, Maryland October 10th. I'm afraid that at this time I still haven't received permission to drive at Summit Point Raceway for any road racing. Something about people needing phone books to see over the dashboard not being allowed on the track...

Hoodlums, they're all hoodlums I say.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I prefer cab at the front like the new Lambo's and the Koinegsegg (?).

mmmm.... fast....

What the hell is the 'geezer mobile' anyway? I notice that you are reluctant to tell us all... *suspicious eyes*

McLaren

1 - 20 of 27 Posts