SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Wow, Keith! Great job, and as always thanks to RichG.

Does Maplin ship to the US?

If not, I found a similar component at Mouser, it is the third one down on this page, an NEC 12v double latch relay pn 551-EA2-12TNJ.

The pin out pdf for the Maplin part is here - and you've shown it in your pictures - th pin out pdf for the NEC component is here.

Looking at the NEC pin out for the double latch which is shown in reset position it looks like the NEC pins would correspond to the Maplin part pins in this way:

Maplin 1 - NEC 1 set positive

Maplin 2 - NEC 10 reset positive

Maplin 4 - NEC 3 common

Maplin 6 - NEC 2 connection to common in reset position

Maplin 8 - NEC 4 connection to common in set position

Maplin 9 - NEC 7 connection to common in set position

Maplin 11 - NEC 9 connection to common in reset position

Maplin 13 - NEC 8 common

Maplin 15 - NEC 6 reset negative

Maplin 16 - NEC 5 set negative

Looking over the specs for the NEC part compared to the Maplin I don't notice anything that would prevent the NEC relay from being used, but maybe somebody knowledgeable could check that if we can't get the Maplin part here in the states.

Good job Keith!
Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Hi Keith,

Thanks for link, yes it does look like we could get the part from that company, just order by phone.

Are you going to do a CLC? Would you need to connect to both the entry and exit flippers?

This is such an elegant solution to the flipper problem, I have to say good job again. Hope all goes well in your testing.

Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.