SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First - Thank you to those who contribute here and have shared a wealth of knowledge. I am very impressed by what many of you have achieved


I've been avidly reading the forum for the past year whilst planning my circuit and the advice gained on this forum has been invaluable to me.

The space I have available is 13'5" wide by 7' deep and is only accessible from the front - I wanted some simple scenery but it had to be robust enough to have stepping areas to reach de-slotted cars. I wanted to minimise de-slots at the back of the track, so all turns there are R4's. The track is raised 3.5" off the floor to conceal cabling.

The track is Scalextric Digital it has 5 x straight and 2 x curved lane changes along with pit-detection PB-Pro+, a RichG Lap Tower and SSDC software.

The plan of Radstone Circuit. (Green dots indicate Power Taps)


I cleared the space about a year ago and put the track down. I made many changes to the layout and worked on improving the flow of the track - as an example the front straight originally went into an R2, this is now an R4 which significantly reduced de-slots at the end of the front straight.

In January I put the raised floor in place and started work on the track support structure and raised areas for grass covering. Every turn on the track is banked by about 25 degrees, this banking and the bridge structure was made from packing cardboard. To raise the grass areas I used 7mm thick underlay boards from Wickes (UK)

So, last weekend I lifted the track and started the permanent installation - a few late nights - But I'm pleased with a weeks work


Cardboard track support and raised grass areas.


Hairy Grass added.


Track re-laid.


A few trees and the beginning of the scenery work.


I'm pleased with the result so far. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, in particular I need to cover and finish the bridge - I'll take some photos soon and look for your advice and suggestions.

Thanks again to all of you who contribute and inspire


Keith…
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update to my track layout.

I needed to finish the ramp up to the bridge - I had an idea and used MS Excel to create a brick pattern and printed it out.

I used 18mm x 6mm wood sections for the concrete uprights and dropped the printed images into a channel in the uprights.

I'm pretty pleased with the result it looks better than I thought it might
- One side complete 3 to go





If you look at my original track plan you can see there's a dummy unpowered lane in the pits - Now the crew have somewhere to prepare the Mini's
- Mini No.1 is in the functioning pit lane, pit detection is in front of the Control Tower
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top