SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted for a while... That doesn't mean I've been slackin'.

Heres some progress shots of the Monogram Grand Sport I'm currently pottering with. Eventually it will be liveried as the Penske Grand Sport driven by Dick Gulstrand at Sebring in 1966 (that's why I askek about Sunoco Blue last week).

Penske opted to not use the head rest and "slats" bonnet the car was initially was shown with. I like those features and have elected to keep them on my car. I believe the car is still run at vintage race events, only today it sports a chin spoiler (which probably helps keep the nose down). My driver is a combination of ingredients... the body is Maxi Models, the arms are Tamiya military figures, the head is from the Monogram Vette but the face was removed and replaced with one from an MRRC pit crew figure.

Greenman62

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE My driver is a combination of ingredients... the body is Maxi Models, the arms are Tamiya military figures, the head is from the Monogram Vette but the face was removed and replaced with one from an MRRC pit crew figure.

Do we just call youu Dr Frankenstein?

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's

"Frahnkensteen"

Greenman62

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (vintagercr @ 21 Apr 2004, 04:27)What did you use for the headrest.
Vintagercr
I made a casting in resin. The master was carved from JB Weld putty.

Greenman62

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.